SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Im literally dying (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/429533-im-literally-dying.html)

mistory5 07-01-2018 06:40 AM

Im literally dying

I been on about a 2 week binge...drinking all day and night. I don't think Im going to live much longer. I physically feel my body giving up. My heart hurts and my chest feels hollow. I need you all to help me. I just don't want to drink, but know if I physically start feeling better...I might listen to that evil spirit thats inside of me. Help!!!!

biminiblue 07-01-2018 06:42 AM

I'm sorry you're suffering, but the only way out is through.

Through the discomfort of the early days of the quit.

Through the nagging "drink" voice.

Through the long-term physical, emotional and spiritual healing.

Through life sober.

You can do it, but only you can do it.

mistory5 07-01-2018 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 6942418)
I'm sorry you're suffering, but the only way out is through.

Through the discomfort of the early days of the quit.

Through the nagging "drink" voice.

Through the long-term physical, emotional and spiritual healing.

Through life sober.

You can do it, but only you can do it.

TY. I am my own worst enemy.

biminiblue 07-01-2018 06:54 AM

I would suggest that you are your own best friend. :)

BDTL 07-01-2018 07:03 AM

If you have an AA group in your area I would suggest going to the first meeting available. You need support in a bad way. You can do this and it sounds like you have hit rock bottom. Leave that crap (alcohol) behind and move on to the good life. With a good support team and taking one day at a time, you can kick that old inter voice in the gonads. Just do it!

trachemys 07-01-2018 07:09 AM

Go to the hospital. Tell them what you just told us. They'll help you detox safely. After that you can explore staying quit.

trytorun 07-01-2018 08:12 AM

Can you get to an ER and get some help getting through the first part? The sooner you make that decision, the sooner you'll be on your way to a different life.

Anna 07-01-2018 08:23 AM

I'm sorry that you're struggling. I'd also suggest going to an ER and getting help to detox and then you can begin to move forward from there. Please take care of yourself.

mistory5 07-01-2018 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by BDTL (Post 6942434)
If you have an AA group in your area I would suggest going to the first meeting available. You need support in a bad way. You can do this and it sounds like you have hit rock bottom. Leave that crap (alcohol) behind and move on to the good life. With a good support team and taking one day at a time, you can kick that old inter voice in the gonads. Just do it!

TY...I been thinking about going to AA and stop finding fault with it. I can't drive right now, too sick. But I've attended 3 online meetings today so far, but I know I need face to face support. Online meetings help for a couple weeks but don't feel connected to anyone. I like hearing the shares but haven't been able to establish any good support

nez 07-01-2018 08:31 AM

I don't think Im going to live much longer. I physically feel my body giving up. My heart hurts and my chest feels hollow
These are powerful messages from your soul. It wants your help. What would you do for a friend who was in the same place? Treat yourself like you would that friend. Get to a hospital. Years ago, I became a friend to myself and did just that. It was a part of my journey to the sobriety I cherish today.

mistory5 07-01-2018 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 6942437)
Go to the hospital. Tell them what you just told us. They'll help you detox safely. After that you can explore staying quit.

I went to detox the last week of this April. Im really afraid of what my insurance is going to say

mistory5 07-01-2018 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by nez (Post 6942493)
These are powerful messages from your soul. It wants your help. What would you do for a friend who was in the same place? Treat yourself like you would that friend. Get to a hospital. Years ago, I became a friend to myself and did just that. It was a part of my journey to the sobriety I cherish today.

I feel so evil this past year as my drinking is getting worse and im neglecting responsibilities. I really don't think I could be a good friend to anyone.

apollo986 07-01-2018 09:19 AM

Of course it want be easy for the first 4 or 5 days but it will get easier.
We've all had to do it. You can too!

ScottFromWI 07-01-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by mistory5 (Post 6942496)
I went to detox the last week of this April. Im really afraid of what my insurance is going to say

Your insurance guy would likely say that you will cost him a lot more dead than alive, so getting back to rehab would be a very favorable decision.

That is tongue-in-cheek of course, but it's pretty much true. Your life is in danger and you need to take drastic measures to make sure that it's not. Coming here is a great idea, and so is AA. But I honestly think you likely need to see a doctor and at least get all the issues you suggest checked out. They can help recommend a proper course of action if any is needed. Don't be afraid do go to urgent care either, your situation could certainly be considered urgent.

saoutchik 07-01-2018 10:08 AM

I can "hear" your anguish mistory. It sounds like you really, really want to quit but feel that this evil thing we call booze is stronger. It isn't, you can beat it. All you have to do is not drink for one 24 hour day at a time.

I agree about going to ER or similar as it will serve a double purpose, to detox safely and also it gives you a bit of a head start. s

So much of the condition of alcoholism and how we deal with it is in our heads and getting our mindset in the right place so keep reading and posting, i'm sure you will find something that "clicks"

Good luck mistory.

BDTL 07-01-2018 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by mistory5 (Post 6942492)
TY...I been thinking about going to AA and stop finding fault with it. I can't drive right now, too sick. But I've attended 3 online meetings today so far, but I know I need face to face support. Online meetings help for a couple weeks but don't feel connected to anyone. I like hearing the shares but haven't been able to establish any good support

Awesome ! Like others have said before the meetings have your health checked out and go through the necessary detox treatments. Keep us posted and we'll keep on praying and thinking of ya.

trachemys 07-01-2018 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by mistory5 (Post 6942496)

They're going to say they'd rather have you alive than dead. Go.

dharmaholic 07-01-2018 03:07 PM

Om mani padme hum

Dee74 07-01-2018 03:56 PM

I'm hoping you find the strengths to stop drinking today and get yourself to the ER any other way than driving yourself mistory.

D

Ihadmyfill 07-01-2018 04:50 PM

Get some help for the withdrawals, then when your head is clear start a recovery process. You will not believe how beautiful life is on the other side!! Best Wishes