Notices

Sober Weekend

Old 07-01-2018, 12:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Weekend

I had my last drink 5 days ago.

The weekend is normally my time to kick back, forget work, forget everything and normally get through maybe 6 or 7 bottles of wine (Sometimes more!)

Glad to say after making my decision to stop, it's all good so far. A hangover free weekend is awesome.

My anxiety has reduced significantly and my sleep is getting better. I still have this slight depression going on in the back of my mind and have easily irritated at small things but it's a million times more manageable than when drinking. Something to work on now my heads a bit clearer.

I've been reading my 28 day challenge book and setting out some objectives for the next few weeks, looking at my triggers and reinforcing my reasons for stopping alcohol.

Just a shout out to all you guys here on SR - keep up the good work, it's really good to read these posts and share experiences.

I won't be drinking today.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go futurehope

D
Old 07-01-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Futurehope79, I was a weekend warrior too! I spent my week looking forward to 7pm on Thursday when I would drink wine until about 1am, sleep until 10am, try to be somewhat productive during the day with a terrible hangover, take a two hour nap in the afternoon and then repeat for the next two nights. ( I have a four day work week). I quit on 2/26/ 2018 and have lost 15 pounds and no more hangovers. Sometimes I still miss having that first glass of wine at 7pm on Thursdays too bad it always led to 8 or so more. Good Luck!
Old 07-01-2018, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Keep going, it gets better.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It’s the little victories like waking up sober 💪🏼
Old 07-02-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElizaD View Post
Welcome Futurehope79, I was a weekend warrior too! I spent my week looking forward to 7pm on Thursday when I would drink wine until about 1am, sleep until 10am, try to be somewhat productive during the day with a terrible hangover, take a two hour nap in the afternoon and then repeat for the next two nights. ( I have a four day work week). I quit on 2/26/ 2018 and have lost 15 pounds and no more hangovers. Sometimes I still miss having that first glass of wine at 7pm on Thursdays too bad it always led to 8 or so more. Good Luck!
Thank you & well done for your sober recovery.

Unfortunately, mine had started to get worse than that recently - I'd wake up on the weekends with such a horrible, anxiety ridden hangover - I'd sometimes just start drinking again the next morning and carry on all weekend.

Come Monday I was a total mess for work. Don't know how i did it or managed to keep my job sometimes!

I knew I had to stop whilst I still could.

Good luck
Old 07-02-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WillLee13 View Post
It’s the little victories like waking up sober 💪🏼
It is indeed