Notices

Class of July 2018 Part 1

Old 07-01-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's Canada Day here. An occaission for outdoor activities, BBQ's, and plenty of beer. For the first time in recent memory, it is so hot today, people have been forced indoors. Camping trips cancelled, the big concert at our parliament building was sparsely attended. With humidity, it feels like 45 degrees Celsius (113 Farenheit).

Who would have thought this is Canada?
Old 07-01-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Our local Canada Day celebrations have been scaled back because of heat, too. That's unfortunate, but I feel so much worse for those people who aren't fortunate enough to have shelter from the heat.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Drole View Post
I have a huge back story but ya know I just want to focus on today. It is day 7 for me But I wanted to join July just feels right and not just 4 days sober then tell myself i feel better and drink again. I like many of you im sure have axiaty thats the devil on my shoulder wispering oh you anxious get a drink you will feel ok.... oh next day oh call out to work you are too anxious to work today you need a drink ... and so on. Well day 7 now my panic attacks are cut in half now and I an starting to feel better. So im going to keep trucking along this happy road and try not to pull over again for the booze.
Hi Drole - It sounds like we're in the same boat. I'm also on day 7 but I'm still getting crushed by the anxiety. Unfortunately, my anxiety is getting worse, but at least I'm not drunk.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WGlenn View Post
Hi Drole - It sounds like we're in the same boat. I'm also on day 7 but I'm still getting crushed by the anxiety. Unfortunately, my anxiety is getting worse, but at least I'm not drunk.
Hang in there Drole and WGlenn!! Anxiety is tough, but with each sober day it gets a little bit better! I too suffer and have GAD and some days it crushes out of nowhere with little explanation, but I have found it to be easing up and when the rush happens I’m able to get a handle on it easier in sobriety. When I was self medicating via the drink it would ease and then come back with such a vengeance. Be good to yourself, sending good mojo your way!!
Old 07-02-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning everyone 😀

Good to see you here sweeti chick. How are you doing ?

Hi wglenn and minion and everyone else.

On hols at the minute so can't use laptop. Just on phone . had a good day with junior ral yesterday at a waterpark then beach stuff. Then we had a huge pizza at 5pm so I never want to drink after a big meal anyway. Good to wake up again feeling good.

Hope everyone has a great day x
Old 07-02-2018, 12:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

My anxiety got better but slowly. I was anxious before I ever picked up a drink - in fact thats a big part of the reason why I picked up a drink.

If anxiety is a pre - existing thing I think you have to be realistic and expect that you might always be troubled by it a little.

The good news though is I've never been less anxious in my entire life than I am right now

D
Old 07-02-2018, 01:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning, Everyone! I'm up early to get in a run before the heat gets too oppressive. It's one of the beauties of waking up sober! Wishing everyone a great, peaceful day!!
Old 07-02-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 07-02-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thought about you the other day Kopfan - glad you made it back

D
Old 07-02-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Checking in! Love mornings now that I remember the previous night
Old 07-02-2018, 04:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

This is my first class !! I'm in too ! wooooot
Old 07-02-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Dee!

I've made so many improvements in my life over the past eighteen months - Meditation and Yoga are both in my daily routine.

But the drinking - it was my Birthday yesterday and I just thought **** what anyone else says, it's my life and I don't have to keep doing it just because everyone around me does.

So here I am. Looking forward to being 100% sober!

Thanks for the welcome Dee!

Tony
Old 07-02-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day 5. My sleep cycle is reversed. Up all night for days now. 3 to 4 hours sleep during the day. Frustrating because I sleep through the World Cup games. Although, World Cup is a huge trigger for me so probably for the best.

Because of my spending spree during my last bender, I am broke for a while. I have nothing to eat so I may to use a food bank for the first time in my life. Really hits home how deep my problems run now.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Wastinglife- I'm on day 8 and my sleep cycle is messed up, too. I slept for two hours last night and feel like a zombie. This is like torture. Hang in there! They say it gets better.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm in! 100%

Didn't Join June's so definatley joining July - 1 day at a time.

I'm on day 6.... almost a week.

Soaking up the sunshine here in the UK where the heatwave continues. A totally different place to where I was a week ago riddled with shame, guilt and anxiety about my drinking binge.

Happy sober July to all & thanks for being here.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey there Futurehope. I'm also from the UK - hot isn't it! And also on day 6.

Given up a thousand times before only to cave in at the first opportunity, but this time feels different, I know the only way out is through 'no more.. ever'.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:11 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mirrorball View Post
Hey there Futurehope. I'm also from the UK - hot isn't it! And also on day 6.

Given up a thousand times before only to cave in at the first opportunity, but this time feels different, I know the only way out is through 'no more.. ever'.
Hey!

Certainly is! I can't remember the last time it rained here in the midlands. And I've just read it's set to continue for another 2 weeks.

I've also tried to stop a few times before now, the last serious one was at new year but I failed miserably. I'm more of a weekend binger and I definitely noticed it getting worse over the last 6 months, Thurs - Monday and then a few days of anxiety riddled recovery. Then the merry-go-round would start again.

Last weekend I just knew I couldn't do this anymore, putting my health at risk, my job at risk, my relationship at risk - for what?!

So yeah I'm with you on this one - I'm feeling a lot more hopeful and I'm working on a plan to stick with it.

Good luck - nice to meet you. Keep in touch if you want to chat.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone.

I am on day 49 & I have noticed that my blood glucose has become close to normal. That is sooo exciting for me. I woke up today with a reading of 96mg which is consider normal. I have been dealing with Type 2 diabetes for 8 years + & I am only on oral medication which I am so thankful for. When drinking my morning readings could be anywhere from 120-142. Not too bad but not good either. However since I have stopped drinking, the last few weeks I have seen my morning numbers drop. My avg. readings for the past week is 104. Yay!!!

Many of you may not understand those numbers & its ok. Just know that drinking can create more of a health destruction to your body and I am learning the benefits of not drinking. I am so loving this. Maybe my doctor could take me off one of my medications.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I stopped yesterday so day 2 for me, I know its not going to be easy but with support and advice from you guys I know I can do it.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Futurehope79 View Post
Hey!

Certainly is! I can't remember the last time it rained here in the midlands. And I've just read it's set to continue for another 2 weeks.

I've also tried to stop a few times before now, the last serious one was at new year but I failed miserably. I'm more of a weekend binger and I definitely noticed it getting worse over the last 6 months, Thurs - Monday and then a few days of anxiety riddled recovery. Then the merry-go-round would start again.

Last weekend I just knew I couldn't do this anymore, putting my health at risk, my job at risk, my relationship at risk - for what?!

So yeah I'm with you on this one - I'm feeling a lot more hopeful and I'm working on a plan to stick with it.

Good luck - nice to meet you. Keep in touch if you want to chat.
Sounds like we are in a similar place Futurehope, I had a bit of a watershed moment last weekend, came home at 8 am after a bender on cocaine, kids were playing in the garden and I was too wasted to interact with them, just sat there crying. Husband disappointed in me... he is being supportive now I have given up but I cannot expect his support to continue if I let him down again.

Since then deleted all numbers/contacts. A part of me still wants to do it, but a bigger part of me wants to be free of it, permanently.

Really think it's my time now after 10 years a cokehead, if I don't do it now I don't know if I ever will... it's never gonna get any easier and probably a whole lot harder.