Notices

Class of July 2018 Part 1

Old 07-15-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

On a side note... I instantly felt relief from anxiety when I made the above post. That felt good! :-)
Old 07-15-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Day 8. I’ve been feeling good and productive. Last night I stayed with my Mom, something Ive done Every weekend for a couple of months, beginning when my Dad got sick and continuing since he died. My folks’ house has always been a huge drinking spot for me. It is always my sister in law and my husband and me and used to be my Dad, too. I’ve been sober for most of this, but this stretch feels better. I didn’t even want to drink last night. I think it has to do with that I’ve been getting some exercise too and tackling my to do list.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Ben 123, Lascaux, TeeJayVerm Bunchie Zombie DebT and RoverVA M3r3 and Boracraze

I'm glad you're doing well Lgrhe and rustygolf - and everyone else hitting a milestone today no matter what day it is

congrats mistory on 2 weeks
Old 07-15-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
nmd

A few bumpy spots AV wise this weekend. but made it through. Another sober weekend in the books.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear nmd

D
Old 07-15-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I ran errands this weekend... one of them was grocery shopping. I had to have a talk with myself in the car before going in the store. I really wanted wine, but the grocery list I kept reviewing didn’t include it. Once I had it straight in my mind, I went grocery shopping and didn’t even look down the wine aisle. I impressed myself! Had to share... another clear headed day. Proud!,
Old 07-15-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Welcome new folks!! Day 40 coming to a close... the funk has dissipated thank goodness! Been a couple rough Sober days, but sober nonetheless! Hope you all are hanging in there! Keep coming back, it works if you work it!! Sucks if you don’t!! ... that’s how the meeting I attended today ended... truth right there... no matter the method, keep working it, it’s worth it, you’re worth it! I’m worth it!!
Old 07-15-2018, 09:04 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

As I read through the posts, I am struck by the epic battles everyone is fighting. None of us chose addiction, it was just part of the hand we were dealt. Some would look down on us, but could only do so if they don’t understand. Maybe they’re lucky they don’t. But for those who fight for their lives every day, there should be a great deal of respect. Like you would have for a person with the courage to stare down a T-Rex every morning, just to get on with another day.

Hat’s off to you all!
Old 07-15-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
As I read through the posts, I am struck by the epic battles everyone is fighting. None of us chose addiction, it was just part of the hand we were dealt. Some would look down on us, but could only do so if they don’t understand. Maybe they’re lucky they don’t. But for those who fight for their lives every day, there should be a great deal of respect. Like you would have for a person with the courage to stare down a T-Rex every morning, just to get on with another day.

Hat’s off to you all!
So true! I have had similar thoughts while reading through this forum. It’s truly inspiring. It’s so nice to be fighting and winning this battle, huh?
Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Suns up early so I’m awake early. I wake earlier when not drinking and still have headaches due to the withdrawals, but so nice to not be hungover, or in my case still drunk

I’m really glad I don’t have to drink alcohol today. My danger zone is 2-5pm and today I’ve got a meal arranged with my daughter in that time and that will be so much better than the crap hole I would have gone to previously. I’m a bit scared that I’ll take a drink one day but I feel relaxed that today isn’t that day

Have a good day everyone,
Old 07-15-2018, 10:25 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Hi Paige, thanks for checking! I only had two of my kids this weekend, so it was more manageable. Still a lot of dishes and food preparation, but all okay here! I have to be realistic though, it is summer and I do have all 3 kids around, so the level of chaos can pick up at anytime. This week I will start out with only one kid, but could end up with all 3 by end of the week... we'll see. (they also spend time at their Dad's house). How about you - how was your weekend?

I'm about to take all 3 kids to see Antman. I'm pretty excited because I like doing things with all 3 and there are so few things that they all like (movies is one common ground), and also because I really don't like Sunday nights. When I was doing my heaviest drinking a few years back, I drank wine on most Sunday nights because it felt like an empty zone - a void - that I had to fill. I managed to get out of the habit and find other things to do on Sunday nights, but I still really don't like them. Last Sunday I relapsed and I understand the feelings that led to it. This Sunday, we go to the movies

Welcome to all the new folks - it is so nice to see so many people committed to quitting in July!
Sounds like a good weekend for you! My kids’ dad has them every other weekend and he takes them out for dinner on Tuesday nights. But they often have plans with their friends and don’t go over there. So I never know how many I will have either!

Good weekend- very productive. I just moved my mother here from the Midwest so I have been very busy getting her set up. I am also moving on 8/1 because I just bought a house. Super excited about that! It’s been soooooo nice purging stuff from this house. I was not doing a very good job keeping it clean while I was using so it feels good to throw away, box things and just get organized. I actually think this move is coming at the perfect time. It’s kind of a fresh start!

Hope you had fun at the movie!

Welcome to all of the new and returning people. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:09 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hey guys, first week of withdrawals gone, despite not sleeping well, anxiety and foggy brain Im feeling relatively OK. Have to work on my temper; dont show it but get stressed/angry easy. Im just so happy to be clean & sober from all that poison

Spend the weekend at my grandma and met tons of my relatives, thankfully no questions about drinking, but they suspect I wasn't doing good all these years. I felt so much joy to be able to stay in room full of people, my old self would just hide or stay in the corner bored with a frowny face, so stupid

All in all it was great getting out, visiting relatives haven't seen in years, back in the nature, exercising a little and eating healthy. I know im in early sobriety but I feel great just waking up early sober and clean and being able to post here with honesty. Thanks for reading.

Wishing you all the best.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:04 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Today I start my rehab. I'm a bit nervous with it being the first day but I know in the long run it will do me good.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:11 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes tynesider
I hope this week will see improvement for you vassvik

D
Old 07-16-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Good Morning Classmates,
Today is day 25 for me! Previously, I could only get 2 sober days strung together.
For those who are struggling, it doesn’t take long before you are sleeping deep, restful sleep. You will wake up refreshed and calm. The biggest perk to mornings is not having to check my phone for calls, texts, etc.. that I made in a drunken state.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Day two
I barely ate yesterday and today had porridge for breakfast- trying to eat a bit healthier

Currently suffering with stomach cramps and diarrhoea in work :-(:-(
Old 07-16-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cando24 View Post
Good Morning Classmates,
Today is day 25 for me! Previously, I could only get 2 sober days strung together.
For those who are struggling, it doesn’t take long before you are sleeping deep, restful sleep. You will wake up refreshed and calm. The biggest perk to mornings is not having to check my phone for calls, texts, etc.. that I made in a drunken state.
Thanks cando your encouragement is very appreciated. I guess were all in a similar boat but not all at the same stage
Old 07-16-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
nmd

Good luck tynesider
Old 07-16-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 8 here. Wow, so many checking in. Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 07-16-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cando24 View Post
Good Morning Classmates,

I can so relate having to check yr phone to see what stupid thing I did the night before in my drunken state. Phone calls, texts, or fb posts. I don’t miss that at all!!!