Notices

Day 3.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3.

Hello, I’m new to SR but was a constant visitor to the site as a hungover mess following my benders looking for some help. Today is day 3 of my most recent venture to get sober. It’s been a roller coaster of a ride to say the least putting together some time, making meetings, feeling great all to throw it all away again when taking back my will and then the drink. I hope my story can inspire someone as I post about my journey to picking up the pieces that I willing shattered each and Everytime I turn to the bottle. Today I feel okay a little overwhelmed with thoughts of regret and fixing everything I have broken along the way but I know I have to give time time. I want to thank you all for your insight and I can’t wait to keep moving forward and further away from Mattymahem.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Matty - 3 days is great!

You now know that every time you pick up, it's a disaster. It took me decades to finally admit I'd never have any control. Once that first drink hits, all your good intentions leave. I started over many times - but my heart wasn't in it. Being here at SR - where I never feel alone - made all the difference. It's so good to have you posting. You can do this.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Matty - hope to see you around a lot more

D
Old 06-29-2018, 05:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

An interesting phrase "taking back your will". Where did you get to with the steps?