SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Extreme Fatigue (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/429339-extreme-fatigue.html)

Sobriety2018 06-26-2018 01:21 PM

Extreme Fatigue

So tomorrow is 7 months sober for me. I am very grateful! Yet lately i find myself exhausted and achy feeling. I made an appointment with my dr. For next month..but i was wondering if anyone else around the 7 month mark experienced this? I sleep every night...but dont seem to wake up feeling refreshed and without my entire body aching. I experienced that alot the last year or so of my drinking...and contributed towards my decision to stop!

doggonecarl 06-26-2018 01:32 PM

A lot of things can contribute to fatigue. But as long as you aren't drinking you can eliminate alcohol!

Congrats on 7 months.

Sobriety2018 06-26-2018 01:45 PM

Re

Thanks! True, i know its not alcohol.😊

Anna 06-26-2018 02:03 PM

I'm glad you're planning to see your dr. Hopefully you will begin to feel better before that, or he/she will be able to give you some insight.

AnvilheadII 06-26-2018 02:10 PM

this is part of the new "sober" world - sometimes we are just tired!! sometimes we just don't feel good. some days it's not that we don't have our A game, we have travel quite a ways down the alphabet to find a suitable letter!!!

when we were drinking, we had the mindset of the instant fix....uh oh, i think i might have a feeling.........alert alert, must.drink.now!!!! or it might be a good day, or a bad day (and it doesn't take much to qualify there!!). and when we feel like crap, we assume it's the booze.

Sobriety2018 06-27-2018 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII (Post 6938177)
this is part of the new "sober" world - sometimes we are just tired!! sometimes we just don't feel good. some days it's not that we don't have our A game, we have travel quite a ways down the alphabet to find a suitable letter!!!

when we were drinking, we had the mindset of the instant fix....uh oh, i think i might have a feeling.........alert alert, must.drink.now!!!! or it might be a good day, or a bad day (and it doesn't take much to qualify there!!). and when we feel like crap, we assume it's the booze.

Ya know over the last few days i have been very aware of everything...i really think i may have a vitamin deficiancy. I have taken my vitamins the last few days (i was slacking) and feel alot better. I will continue with that and see how it goes. I made the appointment for mid July purposely to see how i feel the next few weeks. It really is amazing how our bodies can tell us something is wrong..seems like in all the years drinking i chose to ignore my body at times.😏 You may very well be right..maybe i just feel like crap and now i dont have booze to blame it on.

Dee74 06-27-2018 03:17 PM

Glad you're feeling better but I hope your Dr can help too Sobriety2018 :)

D