Notices

Got fired by my sponsor. Need help.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I resent that comment. I do daily meditation and pray. None has made any difference to my drinking.
sweeti,you follow up with this:
God gave us a brain to use.

faith without works is dead,too.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I resent that comment. I do daily meditation and pray. None has made any difference to my drinking. I was trying to reach out to someone in my same position. I n aa there is just drug addicts and married men who don't want to lose their wives. Plus those who don't even believe in mental illness which I am diagnosed with. How do you know why his sponsor ditched him. Start an argument I am ready for it. I was giving support.

No-one has the right to run your life not sponsors partners or even psychiatrist. Everyone needs to follow their gut instinct as long as it's not telling you to get drunk. God gave us a brain to use.
I started out in AA knowing more than my sponsor. I also prayed everyday that I wouldn't drink and then I would drink and then I would pray to not wake up and then I would wake up mad at God for making me live another day. It was a miserable existence but I went to AA and I prayed so I told myself I was working the program. I also skipped meetings, didn't call my sponsor and continued to drink every night I wasn't at an AA meeting, which was about every night of the week! But by God, my brain told me I was following the program because I went to meetings, prayed and had a "sponsor".

I finally had such a miserable and humiliating experience over one, fateful, weekend that I was desperate enough to be done. That is when I shut my brain off and let my sponsor do the thinking for me. I went to every meeting and did everything he asked of me. Lord willing I will make it to August 12th without drinking and if so that will be 6 years since I found the desperation to finally change my life and change the life of my family. Did I forget to mention that my family suffered every bit as much as I did? My brain told me I wasn't hurting anyone but myself. AA helped me understand that my brain likes to lie to me like that. I learned so many things in AA about living life that I can't begin to tell you.

I don't want to argue with you Sweetichick because I know that I can never change you and nothing I say will really make a difference to you. But I say things anyway because seeing your posts on here are a constant reminder of the insanity of Alcoholism and how happy I am that I found a program full of wonderful people who showed me a better way to live life. So I actually owe you a thanks because offering you advice is helping me stay sober another day. That's another concept you learn in AA : ).

It does bother me though when you run down the program of AA yet you have never actually followed it. I really don't like when people offer "advice" about something they don't know about. That goes for cars along with recovery!

I also take exception to you saying that AA is full of drug addicts and married men who just want their wives to leave them alone..... it is also full of lairs and cheaters and some of the worst people society has to offer. It's also full of story after story, each day, how someone fitting the descriptions above finds that one moment at that one meeting that opened their eyes to the miracle that AA is and how they were able to turn their lives around and are now helping others find the miracle for themselves. My miracle was my sponsor spending about 30 minutes after a meeting on a cold October evening telling me a little about AA and a little about his own story. I was stubborn and didn't listen to him for awhile but when I did, boy did things change. That was my miracle. I hope soon you can find your miracle also.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lets not forget the OP.

Press - how are you doing?

D