SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I see a different man in the mirror (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/429260-i-see-different-man-mirror.html)

Renvate 06-24-2018 08:14 AM

I see a different man in the mirror

Who would of thought not drinking, if only for this short period can have a massive impact on your personal development.

I don't recognise myself in the mirror. Infront stands a fit, lean , fresh faced person with hair regrowth and energy in his eyesight,

This person , is a far cry of who was there 56 days ago and to.

Keep it up new guys, you'll see dbdt if talking about, it's so worth it.

Just because your not seeing changes early on does not mean they won't come, you just gotta weather the storm.

Dustitoffman 06-24-2018 08:40 AM

If that's two months what will 3 months be like!! 👍👍

Stay strong.

Renvate 06-24-2018 05:13 PM

Sorry for all the typos. I actually fell asleep writing that on my phone. Even I thought I must have had a few when i re-read it this morning.:scared:

but yes i knew there would be changes, but i didn't think it was - everything!

Mattq2 06-24-2018 06:07 PM

It’s ok ren, I use my phone only here. I’m often embarrassed when I re-read my posts.😳

Hevyn 06-24-2018 06:15 PM

That's wonderful news, Renvate - and it'll keep getting better. :)

Dee74 06-24-2018 07:47 PM

I'm really glad for you renvate :)

D

bluesymusey 06-24-2018 09:29 PM

Yes, what a difference 2 months makes - keep it up!! :)

PinnacleOR 06-25-2018 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Renvate (Post 6936496)
Sorry for all the typos. I actually fell asleep writing that on my phone. Even I thought I must have had a few when i re-read it this morning.:scared:

but yes i knew there would be changes, but i didn't think it was - everything!

At least you didn’t type covfefe:lmao

MidnightRider 06-25-2018 10:14 AM

Sounds Awesome!
Way to go Renvate!
Keep going and going.

MindfulMan 06-25-2018 12:26 PM

I was with a friend and ran into another friend I haven't seen in a year or so.

The other person chatted with the friend I was with, and then asked if she'd seen me. I WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE. They didn't recognize me. As soon as I spoke they recognized the voice and were like OMFG.

JimiC 06-25-2018 12:44 PM

Wow MindfulMan!

Agree Renvate on the energetic, fit, lean and fresh faced person. Not sure about the hair regrowth haha. All the more reasons to never go back!

Renvate 06-25-2018 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by JimiC (Post 6937203)
Wow MindfulMan!

Agree Renvate on the energetic, fit, lean and fresh faced person. Not sure about the hair regrowth haha. All the more reasons to never go back!

yeah i was starting to see signs of baldness in the front of my hair, now that iam sober, my scalp is not visible anymore.

goodbyeevan 06-25-2018 03:42 PM

Congratulations! I love days when I look in the mirror and feel and look great. They aren't all like that but I sure look in the mirror and see someone who is trying their best and isn't hungover and doesn't have daily regrets of overdrinking. That alone does wonders for self-esteem. Congrats on the hair growth, the universe must be rewarding you for your hard work!

Verdantia 06-25-2018 07:50 PM

Great job, Ren! Sobriety looks good on everyone and the changes are often very dramatic--I don't think anyone says 'oh, you look like crap since you stopped boozing!' Things will keep getting better. Sobriety rocks.

Bernie8402 06-25-2018 08:37 PM

Great job man. I'm only pushing 30 days and see a huge difference myself. Down about 12lbs. Have been hiking quite a bit and waking up 2hrs earlier than I use to for work.
Bernie

columbus 06-25-2018 08:40 PM

Three months here.

Working out, eating right, getting sun (and a real haircut!)

Lost 20 lbs of beer fat, gained a few in muscle,

and no dead-eyed loser in the mirror.

So yeah...

SOBRIETY ROCKS!