Notices

Day 0

Old 06-22-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 0

So I drunk this morning. I told myself that I could control my drinking but I've been guzzling 10 cans a day for the last two weeks. Once I start I can't stop.

I've just moved into my new flat and have been struggling with boredom. I'm not officially working and am in supported accommodation for schizophrenia.

I've already found God but still struggle with aa because I can't be submersible.

I'm going to try aa again but there are no meetings where I live and don't have any money left for the bus.

Boredom is a huge factor in relapsing and I'm destroying my health and making everything worse by drinking.

I just can't stop
Old 06-22-2018, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Schizodoc View Post
I just can't stop
Trust me; If you put half the effort that you put into drinking,into quiting...you'll be able to stop. It seems like a huge thing,but it's really a simple thing. You'll have to make some 'life' adjustments and focus on staying sober for a while(just like you currently focus on drinking ),but it's so worth it to be 'free'.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So I drunk this morning. I told myself that I could control my drinking but I've been guzzling 10 cans a day for the last two weeks. Once I start I can't stop.

I've just moved into my new flat and have been struggling with boredom. I'm not officially working and am in supported accommodation for schizophrenia.

I've already found God but still struggle with aa because I can't be submersible.

I'm going to try aa again but there are no meetings where I live and don't have any money left for the bus.

Boredom is a huge factor in relapsing and I'm destroying my health and making everything worse by drinking.

I just can't stop
Hey man great job posting. I know boredom is a big one for alcoholics. What worked for me is to plan every second of my day. "Idle time is the devils playground." Good luck!
Old 06-22-2018, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

If you call your local chapter of AA, they may well be able to send someone to give you a ride. Couldn't hurt to ask?
Old 06-22-2018, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

What do you mean, "...can't be submersible"?

What are you doing to relieve your boredom? Besides drinking.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

" Once I start I can't stop".

Hey there,

This is how I used to be, I would have one glass of wine and want 15. I know how hard it is to stop once we start.

I think the key then must be hidden in the thought of; How can I make sure I don't start? One day at a time.

Life can be boring. I'm sitting at home right now, bored. But I'm posting and reading on SR instead of drinking.

You can do this too! I know it's hard to stop, maybe start making your plan of how your not going to start again!

Blessings to you
Old 06-22-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi there and welcome! I know just how you feel. Boredom can be a more powerful force than anyone can imagine for an alcoholic. Surely have been there many, many times myself.

In addition to all the other fantastic voices of reason re: make plans, find the key to not having the first drink (my kryptonite), reach out to your local AA. Having people around who understand is absolutely essential for me. Isolation = drunk = eventual death for me, so even if I don’t feel like it, I ask for someone to help even if it’s just an afternoon coffee or tea. You’ll feel productive doing something positive for you sobriety. It gets easier each time!!!!

And again, kudos for your honesty here :-) lots of support and understanding on this fantastic site
Old 06-23-2018, 01:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ring AA. People often are very generous and give lifts to meetings fir those who don’t have transport. You’ll have heard this many times before but whilst you’re drinking/using your mental health will suffer. Get sober and start to work on your recovery.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep posting here ..it really does help
I get your boredom.. go for a walk .clean out a drawer do anything ..but don't drink
Best of luck x