SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   70 days sober - thank you SR (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/429121-70-days-sober-thank-you-sr.html)

lessgravity 06-21-2018 05:34 AM

70 days sober - thank you SR

Thank you to SR, for all its flaws and miracles - an amazing place to have found. Being here in all different ways - from a lurker, a frequent poster, disappearer, reader, drunk and now sober - has been absolutely essential in my journey to sobriety.

I've never been this sober for this long in decades. And I finally, finally know in all of my being, that I'm going to be sober forever.

To anyone new or who is not new and is struggling - like many have said before me, if I can do it so can you. I fell off the wagon, drank with terrifying irresponsibility, sacrificed so much of what was good in my life to the booze - and yet here I am, sure in my sobriety, finally. It can be done and it's is a better life. That realization - just how better life is sober, has finally come from within me. It took a long time, and lots of screw ups, pity-parties and work to get here.

I credit SR with so much of what is in my toolbox and my understanding of addiction, loss, pain, peace and sobriety.

I'm just getting started on this sober path. And I'm excited to see what I am finally able to do with my life. It can be done, and we each have it within us to save our selves from our selves.

Thank you again, truly, to everyone here.

bringmeback7693 06-21-2018 06:50 AM

Thank you for posting. I'm glad you're feeling so great about your sobriety.

I'm at 53 days and struggling a bit. I've been wanting to drink more recently. I haven't been enjoying "socializing sober" as much as I did at the beginning. The pink cloud has worn away, so to speak.

I know this phase will pass. I want to stay sober forever, just like you. Sometimes I go to a meeting and what the speaker says just really CLICKS with me, and I think, yeah, I can do this, I can do this sober lifestyle forever.

Othertimes, possibly when I'm lonelier, or angrier, or more tired, I feel like I don't wanna commit to this life of sobriety. But posting on here is key. Thanks for sharing.

MantaLady 06-21-2018 06:50 AM

Thanks for your inspiring post Lessgravity and congratualtions on 70 days! I always enjoy your posts and you are someone that has become a really positive influence on my own recovery and for that I am very grateful, keep up the good work xx

Readytodothis 06-21-2018 06:54 AM

Congratulations! I cannot wait to hit 70 days!

tealily 06-21-2018 07:02 AM

Thank you and congratulations, lessgravity! Your journey is inspiring and I love the way you write. So very happy for you. Keep it up!

thomas11 06-21-2018 07:12 AM

Well done!

tekink 06-21-2018 08:45 AM

Way to go less, congratulations!

:c011:

lessgravity 06-21-2018 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by MantaLady (Post 6933273)
Thanks for your inspiring post Lessgravity and congratualtions on 70 days! I always enjoy your posts and you are someone that has become a really positive influence on my own recovery and for that I am very grateful, keep up the good work xx

That really means a lot that you wrote that. Thank you so much.

carpetcleaner 06-21-2018 12:47 PM

That's brilliant and so inspiring.

I'm on day 37 and have struggled a bit recently but I have visions of staying sober. One day at a time.

Thanks for your encouraging post. All the best to you 😊

CC

DarklingSong 06-21-2018 12:51 PM

Really happy for you. Congratulations.

Anna 06-21-2018 01:04 PM

70 days is great, LG! I'm glad you're doing well.

BDTL 06-21-2018 01:11 PM

Lessgravity now that's what I'm talking bout! You're like a stud coonhound on a hawt trail and nothing will keep you from your tree. Proud of ya and keep on coming because it works if ya work it!

Gilmer 06-21-2018 01:20 PM

Magnificent post! I’m so happy for you!

Snowydelrico 06-21-2018 01:25 PM

Well done less’
I’m really glad the penny has finally dropped for you.
Another soul saved with a little help from SR.
Happy recovery:)

least 06-21-2018 01:51 PM

Congrats on 70 days sober! :) Keep going, it gets better. :)

Buckley3 06-21-2018 02:11 PM

Awesome. Simply awesome. What sobriety should be.

-B

MidnightRider 06-21-2018 04:03 PM

Congrats to you LessG.
70 days is a huge milestone!

I should know........
I'm sitting at 71 today

Dee74 06-21-2018 05:39 PM

well done less - congratulations :)

D

bluesymusey 06-21-2018 11:02 PM

Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself. Sobriety doesn't happen without effort and hard work - bravo to you and here's to your new life living as your authentic self, which is only possible without the poison :) .

Ladysadie 06-22-2018 12:24 AM

love reading about your recovery Less! Please keep us up to date!