SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back....AGAIN. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/429120-back-again.html)

Readytodothis 06-21-2018 05:12 AM

Back....AGAIN.

It's been a long time since I have posted and needless to say, things have not been going well.
It's exactly the same as it has been every other time. I think I can drink responsibly....lol. I ultimately end up where I am now-full of guilt, shame and embarrassment. Starting today, I never have to feel this way again.

Numblady 06-21-2018 05:29 AM

Sounds like you know you’ve come to the right place. Welcome back and welcome to never having to feel like that again.

doggonecarl 06-21-2018 05:34 AM

Welcome back.

I'll ask the obvious question... What are you doing for your recovery? What are you willing to do to have this be your last day one?

Readytodothis 06-21-2018 05:43 AM

I need to start formulating a plan...it's my main goal for today. I still have my list of pros/cons of drinking in my wallet. I'll review it and revise if need be. Healthy eating and exercise are imperative. This website-reading and posting daily. I also think I need to get into some counseling.
I want this so bad and know I need to approach it differently than I have in the past.

Rar 06-21-2018 06:41 AM

Welcome back Ready. I also was unsuccessful at moderation, though I tried several times. I hope SR can help you remain alcohol free for good. :grouphug:

Readytodothis 06-21-2018 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Numblady (Post 6933216)
Sounds like you know you’ve come to the right place. Welcome back and welcome to never having to feel like that again.

Thank you! Just knowing that I don't have to feel like this again is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders :)

Readytodothis 06-21-2018 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rar (Post 6933265)
Welcome back Ready. I also was unsuccessful at moderation, though I tried several times. I hope SR can help you remain alcohol free for good. :grouphug:

Thank you! Moderation is simply not an option for me. For most, I would think.

biminiblue 06-21-2018 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Readytodothis (Post 6933275)
Thank you! Moderation is simply not an option for me. For most, I would think.

Well, for most problem drinkers or alcoholics.

Lots of normal people drink moderately. Conversely many people never drink and never had an alcohol problem.

Welcome back! Glad you made it.

Readytodothis 06-21-2018 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 6933307)
Well, for most problem drinkers or alcoholics.

Lots of normal people drink moderately. Conversely many people never drink and never had an alcohol problem.

Welcome back! Glad you made it.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to working on saving my life :)