Notices

my sister

Old 06-19-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my sister

I just talked to my sister. She knew I was drinking. I never realized it before, but I've all she's got. She was pretty upset with my drinking. She mentioned how could fall down and really hurt myself. She also mentioned I've all she's got. I have a brother, but he has pretty disowned me and her. That really affected me. I've got to there for her. John
Old 06-19-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

And, be there for yourself, too, John.

I'm glad you and your sister have each other.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you and your sister have each other, John. I think it helps to know there is someone there for you no matter what and who wants you to be there for them too.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you each have someone to care and be there for John

D
Old 06-19-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can get it together for yourself, if not for your sister.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Will definitely not drink today. I feel horrible, but I'll get through this. John
Old 06-20-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm in your corner John.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One day at a time John. It is a way out.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a little better today. Got to do this. Plan on staying home one more day then back in the gym. Got a lot of cleaning to do today anyway. Good day to get stuff done. Hope all is well with everybody. John
Old 06-21-2018, 09:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

100% in your corner, John. I am certain that you can do this.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What 'led' you back to drinking again? Maybe some F2F support would help..
Old 06-21-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
What 'led' you back to drinking again? Maybe some F2F support would help..
I've been drinking off and on for some time now. Working helped me to have some control over it, but I'm off for the summer so have lots of time to drink. Your right. Some F2F would help but not sure where to begin. Thinking of going back to AA. The meetings helped a lot but still dealing with bad feelings about the place. John
Old 06-21-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I've been drinking off and on for some time now. Working helped me to have some control over it, but I'm off for the summer so have lots of time to drink. Your right. Some F2F would help but not sure where to begin. Thinking of going back to AA. The meetings helped a lot but still dealing with bad feelings about the place. John
AA,therapy,ect..Smart meetings(I've never been)..anything is better than 'shacking up' for the summer and drinking. Maybe a part time job even?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

AA worked and still works for me today. I can identify when you say bad feelings about the "place". I changed places, started attending different meetings at a different location and it made all the difference in the world. There truly are good sober people in the program. Keep looking until you find a place where they're laughing and talking and enjoying life. Good luck to you.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Seems I've upset someone here. Got a pretty mean PM. Calling me holier than though and judgemental. I really never saw myself that way, but maybe I'm missing something It happens. Just want to say someone could be drinking and still give useful advice to others. I think I can still support others' in their struggles to get and stay sober. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I need to walk the walk for a while before I give advice to others. That PM really hurt. Thanks for everyone's support. John
Old 06-21-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So much for being honest. John
Old 06-21-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Honesty is always the right choice. Sometimes it's more about knowing when to share something. BUT we can't change the past. Sorry you were hurt. Probably hurts deep because this should be a safe place. I don't know what happened. I encourage you to stay and reach out. One PM is just that, one PM. If there was something to learn from it, focus on that and put the hurt aside. There are many people who will want to help you.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I don't know what you're talking about - private PM. It's none of my business and I don't want to know. What I heard in your post was your thoughts about going to a meeting, and I think that's a thought you should act upon. That's an action step. Your disease does not want you to take action. Alcoholism is a disease of comfort is what I've been told.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

John I really hope that you finally get to be permanently abstinent and I am sorry that you are struggling.

Now, that being said, it is so nice to read that you have a sister and that she loves you (and that you seem to love her back).

Just an idea out of the blue, of course your sister can't fix you or anything but since you are off this summer what about trying to spend some quality time with her?
Go visit her (sober of course) or invite her to stay a bit with you or even better go on a little trip with her. If you two don't have much money, a little week end camping or fishing trip can be just as fun as some fancy schmanzy exotic vacation if it is with an awesome person.

Anyway, don't worry about the pm. Maybe it was someone who was having a bad day and took it out on you. Focus on your blessings

Ps: I m sending you a pm (a nice one LOL)
Old 06-21-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Carlotta, visiting my sister is a great idea. It's been going on two years, so I'm overdue for a visit. John