last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-20.html

D
Old 06-20-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Part two! Thanks Dee!!!

Old 06-20-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. New. I just went 24 days without binge drinking but then slipped last night. I feel awful. Both emotionally and physically. So, Day 1 😭
Old 06-20-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello June class! I’m part of April class but back at day 1 here, so I’d like to join you also. I know I’ll need all the support I can get this round. Plus, ProfD is here and she’s one cool gal! I’m sure the rest of you are just as great.

I’ve been at this awhile. Trying to kick a wine addiction which has plagued me for years. This past April, I had 50 plus days and then decided to drink at a big party. That set the obsessive/compulsive thoughts and behavior back in motion and I’m back to stop once and for all.

I look forward to reading and supporting this group.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, it's been a bit since I checked in. Today is #15 so as of now I'm cruising along. The thoughts and urges do creep up on me, I can't deny that, however I've been reminding myself when the feelings start that having a few drinks won't improve my life or make anything go away. I'll have less money because of it and then worry about it being on my breath and getting sleepy. It's just not worth it. Here are a few things I have to say -- it is too easy to romanticize the act of having drinks, it's an illusion because in reality it isn't glamorous or elite for us. It just doesn't work and it probably never will.
I also practice quick breathing/meditation techniques preemptively, just stopping what I'm doing and spend about 30 seconds slow breathing and clearing my mind.
We can't forget about H.A.L.T. which is something I stumbled on back around 2012 or so surfing the web. I find that when I study my urges and take inventory real quick - using that method and it usually helps me.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Completed day 15

positive: genuinely laughing more (a bit of a surprise) + no real panic attacks (occasional slight discomfort breathing in bed, but nothing like the desperate need to breath I had while boozing/hung over)

negative: circadian rhythm messed up - wide awake at night and dog-tired during day - lack of energy generally - really really hungry a lot of the time

I'll do a medical in a few days - I have blood pressure monitor, test kits for liver and loads of other stuff, EEG monitor, cardiograph thingy, etc.

I'm going to be easy on myself for next few weeks - maybe till the 2 month mark - you have to love and care for yourself to recover
Old 06-20-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Having epic failed after two good weeks in May, it's taken me this long to getting myself back on track. It makes me sad to think about the time, self respect, and money I've wasted.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

At least you’re here moving forward, lipstuck. And that’s what matters!
Old 06-20-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi guys, qujck check in at the start of Day 5.
I'm feeling great, I've got work today so that will keep me busy..

Thanks for the suggestion Willow. I'll jump over to the weekend thread at some point today!
Old 06-20-2018, 03:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello folks, Congrats on those who achieved milestones today.

I am on Day 5, no AV whatsoever so far. Had a hard time yesterday but it never lasted more than like 45 minutes. I just literally did not pay any attention to it bothering me, after a while.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Part two! Thanks Dee!!!

Haha so true Purps, thanks for sharing 😊
Old 06-20-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Slipnslide and Quitnow, welcome 😊

Well done Leo and Redcardid on 15 days, that’s awesome! And Sober81 and Calmself on day 5! Good going guys

Lipstuck, you’re back, that’s what counts. You’re now a bit wiser to the AV’s sneaky tricks, so you’ll be more ahead of it this time around, we’re with you on this. Well done for getting back on the sober train.

Day 39 for me and I’m mentally preparing for the weekend ahead with my own bag of tricks to keep ahead of the AV, by keeping busy, going to yoga classes and keeping non-alcoholic drinks and tasty healthy treats on hand at all times 😊
Old 06-20-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Woahhh!! Way too close for comfort!! I had the drink in hand and to my lips but I paused right then and there!! I thought, do u really want to do this? Think about tomorrow! Think about 14 days of victory! Think about day one again! Think about what u really want!! Hand it over!! It’s not worth it!! Tonight will pass and the trigger is dumb!! I’m stronger than that! Poured it all down the drain!! Gone! Tomorrow I’ll be grateful!! Right now I’m frustrated, angry yet victorious and reading some awesome posts to solidify my decision! Phew!!
Old 06-20-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Woahhh!! Way too close for comfort!! I had the drink in hand and to my lips but I paused right then and there!! I thought, do u really want to do this? Think about tomorrow! Think about 14 days of victory! Think about day one again! Think about what u really want!! Hand it over!! It’s not worth it!! Tonight will pass and the trigger is dumb!! I’m stronger than that! Poured it all down the drain!! Gone! Tomorrow I’ll be grateful!! Right now I’m frustrated, angry yet victorious and reading some awesome posts to solidify my decision! Phew!!
Impressive. I can’t say I was ever able to do that... once i make up my mind to drink- it is game over!

Luckily I haven’t made up mind to drink in the last 16 days

Laying down for bed sober. Feeling kinda blah though. No real urges or loud screams from AV. But I just feel irritable and less patient with my girls. And once again- I over ate.

Tomorrow is a new day, and a sober morning. Good night 💤😴
Old 06-20-2018, 08:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Wow! Well done Minion! The willpower it must have taken to do that.... You’re awesome! You’re going to be so grateful and proud of yourself when you wake up to another sober morning! Way to go 😊
Old 06-20-2018, 08:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Impressive. I can’t say I was ever able to do that... once i make up my mind to drink- it is game over!

Luckily I haven’t made up mind to drink in the last 16 days

Laying down for bed sober. Feeling kinda blah though. No real urges or loud screams from AV. But I just feel irritable and less patient with my girls. And once again- I over ate.

Tomorrow is a new day, and a sober morning. Good night 💤😴
Night night Bumblebee, tomorrow is a new day and you can wake up refreshed and grateful you made it through another day sober, despite feeling blah... I hope you’re feeling happier tomorrow 😊
Old 06-20-2018, 09:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Minion...with that strength...you can do this. Now be careful...you might let yourself play that game again because you were able to stop at the edge. Try and back up your HALT to a safer spot, maybe before purchasing the alcohol? Very proud of you.
I definitely have a solid connection between food and alcohol craving. Each time I have felt my mind drift to ...I would like a drink, I have checked myself for hunger and YES I am hungry. I eat, the drinking thoughts pretty much pass. As long as I have interesting non alcoholic drinks to enjoy. I don't trust myself to have alcohol in the house though. I am pretty sure I would slip. There is beer here, but I don't like beer and it does not tempt me at all. That beer is so old I should throw it out. It was for company.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 5, so relieved to wake up sober after the drinking dream I had. Felt crap all week also had 2 really bad mouth ulcers. The sluggishness has eased off a bit though.
Wishing you all well in June. Stay strong.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quit290117 View Post
Day 5, so relieved to wake up sober after the drinking dream I had. Felt crap all week also had 2 really bad mouth ulcers. The sluggishness has eased off a bit though.
Wishing you all well in June. Stay strong.
Hi Quit 😊 well done on 5 days! 😊 I had quite a few drinking dreams in my first couple of weeks sober too, in one I really embarrassed myself in front of all my work colleagues and then got caught drink driving... I was sooo relieved when I woke up sober and realised it wasn’t real! It really is such a great feeling to wake up sober each morning 😊
Old 06-21-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi June class! I'm not really a newcomer to SR, but I'm feeling like a newcomer to sobriety all over again. The support here is golden and I look forward to working on this together. Thanks for letting me jump in late. Although, I know it's never too late!