Notices

The Big Switcheroo Weekender 20-25 June 2018

Old 06-25-2018, 12:01 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Spain recovered equilibrium 1:1.

Very interesting match so far.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:24 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You could always paint your fridge the colour you want biminiblue. These days they can mix it for you and either can it or you can hire a little air brush. It takes nearly a day to dry and you would want to do it outdoors or in a garage but it is pretty straightforward, I resprayed my toolbox a while back.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
No tv coverage of the games for me at the moment, so keeping an eye on two live feeds from the UK Guardian...
Exciting stuff!
Good to see you Caramel!

I decided this evening to have a night off of live football and just watch the highlights. The World Cup is like a marathon and I need to pace myself.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Unbelievable match Morocco vs Spain.

2:2

Good night, weekenders.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:05 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Night, MidnightB.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

I watched Portugal v Iran but won’t post any spoilers for the benefit of the highlights watchers. Except to say yikes.

Had a rare Monday off, a beautiful day with family. It was even warm enough to dip our toes in Loch Lomond. Simple pleasures. Goodnight weekenders
Old 06-25-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Too tired to post.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well well, it looks like I missed some good games. I spoke with my youngest daughter on the phone this evening, in the space if a few days she has gone from not much interested in football to expert. Typical

Very warm in London tonight.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Too tired to post.
I hope you get some rest! Love you!
Old 06-25-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Venuscat, Grover was always my favourite! I had a big Grover handpuppet as a kid, I LOVED him, I wonder what happened to him.... now I’m missing my Grover ❤️

Snufkin I am sooo glad you got rid of them, I’ve been really worried about you. You should be so proud of yourself, we all are. Everyone here loves you and will be so relieved ❤️❤️❤️

Mantalady, sooo good to hear from you! You’re an absolute legend, and inspiration for me since before I signed up to SR. You’re doing great! I hear you about gratitude and taking pleasure in the little things. Mmmm for a good coffee :-)

Bimini I’d get the new fridge anyway.... it’s given you a warning that it’s getting tired and is ready to retire soon and one day soon it’s going to stop work altogether...
Old 06-25-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Well, I still don't have a clue what's going on with all this football thing... but I'm glad you guys have so much fun!

I'm tired, too. Off to bed... Goodnight, Weekenders!
Old 06-25-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Snuf.

Willow, Oscar has always been my far away favorite Muppet. Ask my kids—I’ve been telling ‘em to SCRAM every day of their lives!

Cookie Monster is second. I have a deep kinship with him, too!
Old 06-25-2018, 03:09 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Great post. ♥♥

Hello everybody.....and when I say that, it makes me think of this

I left my copy in Melbourne....I need another one.
Love it, we had that book! use to read it to the kids when they were little, makes we wish they were little again....
Old 06-25-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Thank you All, it amazes me and literally brings tears to my eyes to think about how lucky I am to have you as friends. Your never-ending love and support lifted me up one more time and I decided to ditch the blades - I gave them to my BF... he was angry at first that I kept them hidden, but then he understood it is a very positive step forward.

I'm happy and relieved.

Gonna treat myself and grab some lunch in town... Ohh I want to go to that awesome vegan place again...
Tell your BF from me, he's not to get angry, he should be gratefull you came forward and should give you big hugs. I know it was hard, and I'm glad you took that step. I'm curious, are you getting any help?
Old 06-25-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Those are so very cool, Dragon! Where are you going to hang it?
On the wall!

Ok, sorry. I have a place in the living room for now. It may get moved later. Daughter wanted it in her room. I said no way as I held the box tight and turned away.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
....The official attendance was 199,854....
Old 06-25-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Haha - I'm sorry, I found this and couldn't stop myself...

Old 06-25-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Tell your BF from me, he's not to get angry, he should be gratefull you came forward and should give you big hugs. I know it was hard, and I'm glad you took that step. I'm curious, are you getting any help?
Aw thank you Dragon! There's a lot of crap going on between us now, and I can't blame him for being a little angry... I'm the crazy one after all.

As for getting help, I'm seeing a p-doc every week and my GP every three weeks to review my AD meds... all this is not much help at the moment, I'm just too anxious, I don't trust them and I don't want to talk.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:15 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Just dropped off my precious (new/old car) for a service. Hopefully all is ok....I have bought many used cars over my life- most as a student, so a little irony there that the best old/new car I think I have owned- is going to the car doctor today. It started, very cold morning with lots of chuggs on the last drop of huice left in the battery.
I hope you get some sleep Gilly.
That cartoon is about right- with the image of soccer, Snif..'specially post Becs. You know THAT soccer wizz who married a used spice girl.
I have actually heard the following said
Aussie trules football, almost a religion, as soccer is in Europe- with many people here- that and Rugby and cricket and tennis and...
Aussie rules is a contact, kick lots of goals sport. Like 20 goals stuff. So it must be better than soccer- because those wimps never get in anything like 10 goals!!!
Soccer is gaining in popularity, but a difficult one- as we are 90 zillion miles from anywhere...here in Australia land.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Here is an interesting one...Aussie rule women's footy is gaining momentum,,even tho they do not get anything like the money the guys do. Last week- several national news providers had as a 'front page' story- two women football players kissing. If it were guys- leaping up and giving a goal scoring team member a jumping, straddling hug, well that's different.