Notices

1st available appointment in my area

Old 06-19-2018, 09:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If i go to a hospital ie an hour away nearest one, no one to look after kids, and no car,

just remember, all those seeming impediments drift away when it comes to the decision to drink. we always manage to a find a way.

you can and will find your way to solid sobriety - just use that tenacity and drive to keep reaching for and striving for recovery. all of it you can get!!!
Old 06-19-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

yes i will thank you
Old 06-19-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Most recovery methods based on meetings have online meetings too now - something else to consider

D
Old 06-19-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I did a couple in.person AA meetings, but I did a couple months worth online. I just sat and read what other people said, but sometimes they were really good. I knew what would work for me and what wouldn't, but in those early days, just reading along in the meetings was really beneficial. I order the big book from Amazon and read it. There were parts of it I used in my recovery and parts I left.
I did a lot of reading. As a MBA I have lifetime access to university published papers online, a library of current and spme past studies, so I was able to read, once I decifered medical and psychological jargon some pretty interesting studies on addiction. Some times I read some really whacked out stuff too like the one doctor local to me who keeps publishing scientific papers on sasquatches. He almost got arrested a couple years ago for trespassing a couple concessions over. He was tracking a squatch rofl.
Thing Is, there are a ton of resources for whatever method you choose and whatever other supplementary tools you need.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks, yes I've got the big book and read it, also I am finding smart recovery helpful, and of course support from everyone on here, I've ordered another book which should arrive soon, thank you