Notices

Day 6....anxiety about my health getting worse

Old 06-17-2018, 08:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soupcon View Post
Why do you have to get testing done? Do you have symptoms that are troubling you? You are jumping the gun so much. The liver is a remarkable organ in that it quickly heals itself when you stop drinking. And you have stopped. Stop worrying, and don't drink today. You will be fine.
Hi Soupcon...I have to get testing done to ease my fears of damage I've done to my body. I don't really have symptoms that are troubling me at the moment.....but I have had puffiness in face and fingers after drinking....or slight body aches...stuff like that....but nothing major that I can say is troubling me.

I really hope ill be OK...thank you for your comforting words 🙏
Old 06-17-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hats View Post
Hi Newme, I remember chatting with you on the chat.
I really don't give advise, don't even like the work to be honest.
What I will say and as others mentioned, it might be a good idea go see your Dr., be completely honest about how much and how frequently you drink and go from there.
As for the feeling of doom and anxiety, I can relate. I needed help with it and this site is a good start for support but I'd consider seeking more such as AA, but there are other options.
I found that hopeless feeling went away when I was surrounded by people who supported me and gave me hope that I can get through this.
I wish you all the best and thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hi Hats yes I remember you! Yes I know what I need to do....I'm just thinking ill get the worst news...but I know it must be done. I will see my doc soon and go from there. Thank you for your advice...and just from being on SR...I know I NEED the support of like minded people. Thank u for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Newme...I think the most important part of all this anxiety is that you have become aware of the possibilities if you continue to drink! I had this awakening recently too. Real heavy fears that I could be too late. I quit and have made an appointment to see my doctor. Much overdue. I was too nervous to make it immediately...I have no physical issues I am concerned with. I planned it for 30 days out. I understand the fears, I have them. But let's go find out exactly where we stand and go from there. I bet we will both be lucky and find out that we are fine and have the opportunity to protect our health by stopping now. The things you worry about will happen over time, you just never know when.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I thought with the way I drank I was weeks away from death too, newme.
Turns out things were nowhere as bad as I feared.

I hope you'll decide to out your mind to rest and see a Doctor

D
Hi Dee....thank you for your comforting words ❤...and yes...I plan on making an appointment with my doctor soon.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ColoradoWoman View Post
This is my 2nd day sober. I've been drinking way too much for the last 15 years, with 2 separate year sober in between. I too am worried about my health and plan to go to the doctor also. I've stayed home all weekend eating healthy food (veggies and lean protein) and sleeping. Have to go to work tomorrow, my biggest challenge will be coming home after work. But I'm going swimming w/my friend. That should help
Hi Coloradowoman....congrats on your day 2 of sobriety! Wishing you good results at the doc...my prayers and thoughts are with you. Heres to our Health and new sobriety! ❤
Old 06-17-2018, 08:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
Hi Newme...I think the most important part of all this anxiety is that you have become aware of the possibilities if you continue to drink! I had this awakening recently too. Real heavy fears that I could be too late. I quit and have made an appointment to see my doctor. Much overdue. I was too nervous to make it immediately...I have no physical issues I am concerned with. I planned it for 30 days out. I understand the fears, I have them. But let's go find out exactly where we stand and go from there. I bet we will both be lucky and find out that we are fine and have the opportunity to protect our health by stopping now. The things you worry about will happen over time, you just never know when.
Hi Lizajane...sounds like a plan! Thank you for your input and inspiration. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....and wishing you good results...health...and a lifetime of sobriety! I really hope this is the awakening I've been needing all these years!
Old 06-18-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Newme,

I can totally relate to your fear .. I was completely anxious about 30 years of dangerous drinking, and Vodka was also my drink of choice, beer, wine etc were ok, but nothing like the fire-juice to hit the spot quickly.

So, on day 59 without it, I'm feeling tons better, clearer head, had bloods done with the Dr, and hey presto - no serious liver damage, just raised indicators that they say in time will drop. That is a complete miracle, and I count myself so very lucky.
Wishing you all the very best,
Johnnie.