Notices

Dont understand

Old 06-16-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dont understand

I've been on and off the booze for the last 10 years. My wife decides last week that she wants to quit drinking. She is about a bottle of wine a night drinker for last 2 years. She's not like me. I've never been a daily drinker, but im a blackout drunk every weekend drinker. I haven't seen her drunk in a long time, as she usually moderates the bottle of wine throughout the night.

Anyway, she decided to quit to support me about a week ago. I figured that she would be experiencing some bad withdrawal symptoms, but she hasn't at all. She said that she has felt totally fine . I have withdrawal symptoms after a rough weekend, how does she go 2 years of a bottle of wine a night, and nothing? To add, she never gets hung over or feels "off" the morning after a bottle of wine. Do i just have bad genes?
Old 06-16-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Everyone reacts differently to alcohol withdrawal. It's impossible to tell what symptoms someone might have.

I think it's good of her to quit in solidarity with you. I hope you both use all the resources at your disposal, including SR, to live a contented sober life.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Everyone reacts differently to alcohol withdrawal. It's impossible to tell what symptoms someone might have.

I think it's good of her to quit in solidarity with you. I hope you both use all the resources at your disposal, including SR, to live a contented sober life.
Thanks Least! That's the plan. It is a lot easier for me to stay sober, when my wife is not drinking also.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great she quit to support you - you're a lucky guy

D