Notices

Back again

Old 06-16-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

I joined in January. I was sick of making a fool of myself, taking drugs and drinking on nights out until I couldn’t remember anything.

Since then, nothing’s really changed, still doing the same .

I’ve no idea how to stop, all my friends take drugs, I don’t really do well in social situations, I get anxious and struggle to make new friends.

It’s not as though I’m out all the time, maybe once a month. I hate myself this morning after last night.

All I want is to just be happy with my life and stop doing stupid things. Why can’t I do it?
Old 06-16-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it.

I'd say throw everything at this problem, because it doesn't get better, only worse.

I had to give up some people who were just party-pals. I stayed away from bars, drinking parties and any event that was strictly for the drinking (and/or) drugs.

That social anxiety thing went away after some sober time. It's about being able to look people in the eye - something I couldn't do in my drinking days. Now I'm out there and able to stand up with anyone.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do a web search for Recovery Speaker messages. You can find many that are Free.
... just said a prayer that you will find pathways to freedom...

give it a try.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello AY,

Do you think maybe your in the same cycle due to loneliness? If all of your friends are using, maybe you want to belong? When I ran with the party crowd, I would drink and drug at times because that's what they were doing and I wanted to fit in, I wasn't happy alone.

I can promise you, there is a better way! You can learn to be alone and not be lonely! If you can learn to really love yourself again, you will enjoy spending time with YOU. And you won't need or want to drink and drug, because your best friend (you) will like the new sober self.

You can do this, and SR can help...

WF
Old 06-18-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back AnonYorkshire

My mates seemed to be able to go out get smashed and then get up to work the next day no problem and many would not evenm think of drinkign til the next party.

I'd stay at home and drink some more, daily, until thats all I did all day everyday.

My life as it was was all about drinking. I couldn't live that life if I wanted to be sober,

I lost a lot of drinking biddies but I found out who my real mates wee, and made some new ones.

My sober life is in no way inferior to the one I left behind
D
Old 06-18-2018, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope our support will help you get sober for good. It's not easy, but it is simple: you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink.