Notices

When Does Anxiety Become Paranoia?

Old 06-16-2018, 07:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've had GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) since I was little, and when it was bad it could make me go through those sorts of negative hypotheticals about literally anything (and everything). And the drinking just made it 100x worse (that went for a lot of things). It gets so much better when you don't have alcohol fanning the flame. I would also recommend talking to your doctor about this. There may be treatment options that could make a huge difference for you and aid in your sobriety. I'm a bit of a broken record about this, because it really did change my life.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hows it going Horn?

D
Thanks Dee. Actually I am having a pretty good day. See my “walking down the aisle” thread. 😊
Old 06-17-2018, 01:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't drink like I used to. Just beer rather than vodka or whiskey. My current doctor is 75 years old and a good 2 hours away. I am currently waiting for a new doctor. I don't want to get into sleep medications or things like Xanax. I know things can get better. Just need the right support. I use beer to just get me by until I can get the proper help. Insomnia is a huge problem even when sober for a long time. Mental health care is really tough to find, even here in Canada with free medical services. I will keep up the battle though.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Horn,

Imo...we ex drunks have brain damage. Keep drinking/drugging it will get worse.

Suffer and exercise. A good shot of adrenalin once in a while..e.g. roller coaster, wrestling w someone all helped me feel netter naturally for a short time. This gave me hope that it would heal eventually.

I am sure that I had a full blown case of agoraphobia. It is gone. I am very grateful that I didn't get in trouble while naturally healing.

Not relapsing is really the essence of it. Suffering is a given.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Horn - You're doing great and taking steps to protect your sobriety. You'll start to feel better soon. the diet and exercise will help you feel better about yourself both mentally and physically. When you start working your steps, it will make a difference too. Things will improve Horn. Patience, little grasshopper!"