Notices

Went to a bar, drank 7 up

Old 06-15-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went to a bar, drank 7 up

I had to go to a bar tonight for a fundraiser for a friend. I hated that it was at a bar. But I went. I was glad the choices were beer or soda. I took 7 up. At my table it was about half and half. Half soda and half beer. Those drinking beer had one or two. I did want to offer this to people struggling here. Nobody cared I drank 7 up. It is true that hardly anybody cares if you drink or not. I did not like being in a bar, but I was not really tempted. I feel better, it was been 2 weeks now since I last drank. Thanks SR for the support.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That a way! What’s one or two beers do for ya anyways? Nothin’! We will find ourselves in situations/places where we used to drink. Overcoming those situations is vital to recovery.

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-15-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

people who care if you drink- or who give you **** about not drinking are the worst kind of people. the vast majority will be supportive or not even notice.

i have been working at bars sometimes since i stopped, and i don't feel tempted at all. it just looks sad to me - especially the boorish loud drunks.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Great job Jim! Keep ya eyes on the prize which is one day at a time and eternal sobriety.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad everything went ok Jim - I don't recommend being in bars in early recovery but I can go anywhere now and stay securely sober

D