Notices

Day 1... again.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1... again.

This is hard! I thought I could stop smoking and drinking at the same time as I enter the throes of PMS. Drank on the way home and then got a text from my neighbor about having wine... of course like an idiot I obliged that as well. It’s my fault for not calling out to someone on my drive home BEFORE I drank from the stress and annoyances of the day. Everyone was so nice when I posted on Monday and it was easy not to drink that day, but yesterday I folded and I’m sorry y’all. Trying again today
Old 06-13-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Karate girl

Hi Jeycey! I'm glad you came back here I've never struggled with quitting two addictions before, so I may not be correct when I suggest to try to quit the drinking first and then the smoking?? Hopefully someone will come along soon who has some more solid avice! I just wanted to let you know that I read your post and am cheering you on! You CAN do this
Old 06-13-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Jeycey. You have the right thought process - coming here or calling someone to help before you drank would have been a good call. Perhaps you could join one of the class threads here to give yourself a little more accountability to stay close to your support?
Old 06-13-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jeycey, sounds like you need a plan of some kind, because when you feel like having a drink or someone asks you for a drink, it's very easy to fall back into old habits.

Prepare for the next time you may want to drink. Make sure you know how you need to react to stay sober.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good for you coming back Jaycee and re-committing!
Old 06-13-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

heres a chip for ya

Old 06-13-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The PMS thing might be your biggest enemy right now. I'm seeing a huge link between hormones and cravings in my own life and in the lives of friends I've polled on the topic.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lipstuck View Post
The PMS thing might be your biggest enemy right now. I'm seeing a huge link between hormones and cravings in my own life and in the lives of friends I've polled on the topic.
Yes!!!! It is always so much harder lthe week before and especially the last couple days before.