Notices

Back.....

Old 06-12-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back.....

Hi gals n guys

Oh dear where do I start ……..drinking way , way out of control , easy 30 units a day and then some...….constantly shaking, feel weak , hands and feet often tingle , I feel congested in my stomach area but now working with unity which is a drug and alcohol support network in the UK, I had bloods done about 6 weeks ago came back normal , nothing the gp or unity are worried about , was also told I had oral thrush which despite treatment and recent throat swab which came back ok....weird I have a constant coated tongue , chronic cough almost and I believe its the alcohol that i'm drinking that may be causing the cough ? I no longer smoke as the cough just gets worse I also feel like i'm going to pass out and shake all the time . Unity have me on a pre detox plan atm before they consider campral or detox unit …..I want to stop but feel so ill if I dont hit my target of drinking , I drink anything from wine to bloody brandy !!!!!! I feel so low and scared I will fit and die …...kisses charlotte
Old 06-12-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Back.....

Good.

Now stick around.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi I plan too as i'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired and just plain ill and cough , cough and cough......xxx
Old 06-12-2018, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What's a pre-detox plan? (If you don't mind me asking.)
Old 06-12-2018, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrysidegirl View Post
Hi gals n guys

Oh dear where do I start ……..drinking way , way out of control , easy 30 units a day and then some...….constantly shaking, feel weak , hands and feet often tingle , I feel congested in my stomach area but now working with unity which is a drug and alcohol support network in the UK, I had bloods done about 6 weeks ago came back normal , nothing the gp or unity are worried about , was also told I had oral thrush which despite treatment and recent throat swab which came back ok....weird I have a constant coated tongue , chronic cough almost and I believe its the alcohol that i'm drinking that may be causing the cough ? I no longer smoke as the cough just gets worse I also feel like i'm going to pass out and shake all the time . Unity have me on a pre detox plan atm before they consider campral or detox unit …..I want to stop but feel so ill if I dont hit my target of drinking , I drink anything from wine to bloody brandy !!!!!! I feel so low and scared I will fit and die …...kisses charlotte
The past is in the past. Start being sober starting from...NOW. Do not drink no matter what. Kick the AV on his face when he tries to talk to you. Recognize that your sub conscious is driving the show, since you have trained it that way.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its something unity place you on before they will even consider detox.....its a program where you attend 6 sessions weekly and get breath tested to see where your alcohol level is at , they want it to get less each week but I have no idea if it will work for me , last week I was 4 times over the legal UK drink drive limit but I desperately want and need to get sober , my GP wont give me campral just yet and definitely wont give me blues/diazepam I am literally at my wits end and feel so low and ill all the time , plus this cough wont shift either , jeeze i'm having a right old whinge aren't I !!!!!! xxxx
Old 06-12-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back countrysidegirl. I've never heard of the plan you mention, but to me it sounds as though they are talking about moderating your drinking instead of actually quitting?

If you are to the point of physical depedance, a medical or supervised detox is really the only safe way to go about it. Have you considered that?
Old 06-12-2018, 06:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back countrysidegirl

D
Old 06-12-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back Countrysidegirl!
Old 06-13-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AA Member

how are you today countrysidegirl ?