Notices

New Member - **** heroin

Old 06-08-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink New Member - **** heroin

Hey everyone! I hope I'm doing this correctly lol...
I'm new to this website, and I'm really excited to being my journey with meeting and supporting as many people as possible. My mom is actually the one that introduced me into this site, and finally I decided to give into her persuasion as sign up.
I guess I'll start out with some of my background:
My name's Kayla, I'm 18 and I've lived in NJ my entire life. My drug of choice is Heroin, and it all started when I began using painkillers when I was only 14. Just like many other addicts, I started off with Oxy's and Vicodin from my grandparents medicine cabinet. I tried heroin once when I was 14 and fell in love with it, but knew it was bad so I stopped immediately. I wish my relationship with the drug ended right there and then but it didn't..
2017 was the year of Heroin for me (and Crack/Cocaine as well, but never got too addicted to it). My using became daily and once I tried shooting up it was over for me, I was in love with the needle. I stole from family, friends, and I became a miserable, nasty addict. I did so many awful things that I really regret to this day.
In October 2017 I got sent off to rehab due to legal issues, and I just recently completed treatment in May 2018.
Unfortunately since then, I've relapsed back into my heroin use and have been struggling with it a great deal.... I don't even like getting high anymore, it's just such a ****** habit that I can never break. I miss my sobriety when I had nearly 5 months sober, I miss showing off my NA tags and going to meetings regularly. I miss the genuine happiness and fun I had when I was clean.
Anyways, that's why I'm writing this now. I'm trying to get back on track and am motivated to truly find myself again. I hope this website impacts me as much as I want it to.
"Thanks for letting me share"! (-:

Last edited by Dee74; 06-08-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kayla Welcome. Nice people. Keep sharing it helps. (This August will mark my 10 year clean anniversary). It is possible. You can do it.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! If you are serious about this you came to the right place! Stay close to SR! Read and post as needed. Glad you joined us!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's good you're here, lilacgirl20. So much wisdom, support, and encouragement! Keep posting, we're here for you.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll find a lot of support here Kayla.

Are you going back to NA meetings?

D
Old 06-08-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope this site helps you as much as it's helped me.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 06-09-2018, 04:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning Kayla,

I'm a 57 year old male with two teen age daughters. I'm probably older than your parents but I sure enjoyed reading your post. I can assure you that you did this correctly.

What my daughters do not know is how many different drugs I used when I was your age. Mostly because at least so far they really have not gotten into the drug scene. But since I have been on your side of the fence so to speak I do remember the severe conflicts I had with my parents when I was your age.

There is so much I would like to say to you but I don't know where to begin. So I will give you a blunt summation of the aftermath of what happened as a result of my involvement with the drug crowd. Half the people I ran with when I was 18-20 years old are dead. I hope you are not part of the dead pool.

Your parents can scream and yell at you until the end of time and if you are like me you won't listen much. But you can't argue with the grim reaper.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Kayla
Welcome!