Notices

Getting ready

Old 06-08-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting ready

I was in the awesome class of May 2018 and then ended a two week streak in my dad's whiskey cabinet over Memorial Day. Instead of forcing myself into depressing cycles of day 1 on repeat (I honestly find the day counting more negative than helpful... I think sometimes people get so disappointed to put the counter back to zero that they get off the path entirely), I've been trying to focus on a plan, a path, and timing. I think my worst slips are caused by hormones, and my longest times without have been when I started at a good time hormonally. When I have moments of calm and my brain keeps saying 'It's going to be ok', then I know that I'm at my strongest and it's time to make that big change. Well, I got that call from my brain today, so I'm packing away the credit cards, stockpiling herbal tea, and getting ready to make my life better forever.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

PS, I'm also rereading the Allen Carr books, and although they can be repetitious/not for everyone.... I swear, even the sweetest wine tastes like battery acid to me now. I hate it. And I'm glad I hate it... I used to drink to comfort and calm myself, and that feeling is gone now.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think his books are very helpful as well!!!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this lipstuck

D
Old 06-08-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay close to SR. Read and post as needed. We are with you all the way! If I can do this you can too! Best wishes for you on your journey!