Notices

Fear of falling off the wagon

Old 06-09-2018, 05:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Andy! 57 days is some spectacular sobriety time. I understand your feelings, but don't drink. I gave up 112 days of sobriety. Fortunately my relapse was brief and I'm now on my 30th day. Others are not as fortunate and have a difficult time getting back to sobriety. I didn't post to SR first and I knew better, since SR has talked me off the ledge a few times. The feelings of regret and sadness over losing my 112 days is horrible. Hang in there!
Old 06-09-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I agree that sticking close here will help you. I'm also impressed that you posted before you acted on your cravings. Most of my relapses were planned, even if subconsciously; I knew better than to post before I drank -- these darn (wonderful, caring) people might have talked me out of it!
Old 06-09-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Edit: "ALL of my relapses were planned," to be totally honest...
Old 06-09-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
Edit: "ALL of my relapses were planned," to be totally honest...
Same. I made a decision to just give up and drink. I then regretted it. The relapsing made withdrawals worse and that scared me.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi,

I am 32 days. I fear this all the time. I fear about the triggers around us. To make it worse there is free bar at work 2 times a month. I had to dodge every single one including my friends. They know when to stop and I don't. I can **** it up royally with in no time. I am staying away and hiding away till I feel comfortable staying around being sober. I am getting there but no way closer. It is going to take more time.....thought of sharing....Being vigilant and looking at those blind spots covers those fears...to some extent...