Notices

My nemesis beckons me every night!

Old 06-09-2018, 10:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Maybe it would help to think of those beckoning lights as a mirage.. As for someone lost in the desert, dying of thirst, seeing a shimmering oasis, beckoning with the promise of refreshment, pleasure and joy.. but it's all an illusion. You actually get more emptiness, damage and ultimately death.

Those wine shops are doing NOTHING good for you. As the poster above said, take the option of stopping there off the table. It's no longer an option for you if you want a good life.

Don't keep staggering toward the mirage that alcohol gives you anything you need. It's a poison. A waste of money. Health. Life.

The trick is, I think, is to find something more alluring to replace it. A warm cup of tea with your family. A cozy bed that you can crawl into and then wake up feeling healthy. When you crave alcohol, you are craving (I think) a feeling of peace, relaxation, comfort, ease, friendliness... you can get all of those things in healthy ways. Replace the alcohol with them, and your life will be so much better in every possible way. Not only for you, but for your family.

Then the mirage will slowly disappear. You won't need it. It'll be like a puff of smoke.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning ltmi - I hope that you're well. Still trying to think of a practical solution to help. Your family is obviously very important to you - how about sticking a photograph of them on either your visor or your dashboard. That way when you feel tempted, look at that image and remember that it isn't just you that you are stopping drinking for? I do hope that you can beat this - it's tough but I promise you it's worth the struggle. Much love Yix x
Old 06-10-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
sober style

Original post reminds me of the great song by the Replacements called Here Comes a Regular, about the lure of false fellowship that active drunks feel among each other.

lmti, as Dee and others have said, we're all capable of a lot more than we know!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
Original post reminds me of the great song by the Replacements called Here Comes a Regular, about the lure of false fellowship that active drunks feel among each other.

lmti, as Dee and others have said, we're all capable of a lot more than we know!
Cool jam! Never heard that before.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

hows it going imti?

D