SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender 7-11 June2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/428579-weekender-7-11-june2018.html)

Dee74 06-06-2018 11:26 PM

Weekender 7-11 June2018

Hi :tyou

I want to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time, and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh :)

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - do it now!

:grouphug:
D

MidnightBlue 06-06-2018 11:54 PM

Shotgun!!!

MidnightBlue 06-06-2018 11:55 PM

Thank you for the new thread, Dee)

petals 06-07-2018 12:05 AM

Thanks Dee. Xx

Gilmer 06-07-2018 01:14 AM

Thanks, Dee. :)

I’m in!

theVman31 06-07-2018 01:16 AM

Thanks Dee.
I am happy to say I'm in.
Hey Petals, Snuf, Gilmer and MB :wavey:

Weekends were always tough for me, from thursday evening onwards I had that false feeleing of need of decompression and unwinding with alcohol. It pogressively ate away at me until it took over the drivers seat. I am very happy to say today I am back in the drivers seat and strapped in.

Enjoy the weekend folks.
Come join us on the weekender.
Come to joke, come to moan, come to tell us your plans for the weekend...we all have one common objective :)

Later,
V.

Snufkin 06-07-2018 01:59 AM

Thank you for the new thread Dee! :hug:

Yass sign me in for another sober weekend! I’m working double shifts all weekend, so Im gonna be quite busy, but it means no time for cravings. :)

I’m off today - celebrating my birthday sober for the first time ever since early teens. Surprisingly I don’t feel any urges to drink, but I better stay close to you guys. :)

MidnightBlue 06-07-2018 02:11 AM

Morning, weekenders!

Happy Birthday, Snufkin!

Thank you for the invitation to moan, Vman!

Speaking of which...I've already mentioned it on the old thread that though I have 17 hours 55 minutes as of now till my freedom, I will have another round of two weeks in this paradise hell starting July 15.

I have a strong desire to give my letter of resignation upon arrival. And financially I don't see how I can do this.

And it makes me feel terrible. I feel trapped.

I have just one life, and I hate myself for spending in like this.

Yes. I am complaining. What can I do to change the situation?

I need to exercise toughness with myself and discipline to regain real freedom.

Dee74 06-07-2018 02:42 AM

I dunno MB - I guess you could start looking for another job - I definitely wouldn't leave your current one without a Plan B?

D

Snufkin 06-07-2018 03:15 AM

I don't know much about your situation Midnight, but I know the pain of being stuck in a job you hate and seeing no way out, and I'm sorry you feel that way too. I used to work nightshifts in a slaughterhouse/meat factory, charming place, gosh, my supervisor was an abusive and hateful guy smoking crack before every shift... working there was honestly killing me. When I think about this expierience now, I wish I left the place sooner. Can you start looking for another job??

MidnightBlue 06-07-2018 03:15 AM

I know, Dee.

I am just in a really emotionally bad place now.

Snufkin 06-07-2018 03:16 AM

I'm sorry, Midnight. Sending you lots of love and hugs :hug:

STDragon 06-07-2018 03:24 AM

Good morning all,

Thank bim for saring this video on the previous weekendes, I love the last litle bit witht he little girl playing Ukulele. I'm going to share this on the Sober Bus thread 'cause this video depects what every day on the Sober Bus should be like.

https://youtu.be/BFkTu8Y1KLs

MidnightBlue 06-07-2018 03:47 AM

Thank you, Snufkin.

I am just really lost now. Not even sure about what kind of a job to look for.

theVman31 06-07-2018 04:01 AM

I think we all have our moments MB. I know I do. Soul searching and wanting to quit my job pop up now and again. There are those days when I wonder if I am truly happy and so on. The reality is that I can't quit work at least not without a plan B.
And I don't have to be the happiest man in the world. Just stable will do me fine. But I understand how you feel (a bit anyway)
Soldier on :)

Gilmer 06-07-2018 04:03 AM

Happy birthday, Snuf!

((MB))

Snufkin 06-07-2018 04:04 AM

Yay, thank you Gilmer! :hug:

gettingsmarter 06-07-2018 04:08 AM

I'm on.

Happy Birthday Snufkin!

Snufkin 06-07-2018 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter (Post 6919369)
I'm on.

Happy Birthday Snufkin!

Thank you!! :hug:

LOL gonna have to stop posting about my birthday on every thread... I'm so milking it. :D

MidnightBlue 06-07-2018 04:22 AM

Milk it, Snufkin.

You are having a sober Birthday - you have every reason to announce it at every SR corner)