Notices

Weekender 7-11 June2018

Old 06-13-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

That's an interesting question, Trach.

No. Not when I am in the ring.

Rather when I am at home and thinking "What am I doing this for?"

It's like two different realities for me.
I know that in fights you start with a plan and pursue that plan while reacting to what happens. But, you start with a plan. And you plan your reactions. You even plan for unknowns like a lucky punch.

So, treat it like a bout. Plan. Know why you're stepping in the ring. Everyday for me it's about collecting money. My jobs what most people would call a misery. It gets me steady income and traction in the local job market. That why I do it. I know that every day.

So plan. Know. Do. Step in the ring.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:39 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Morning All, just had breakfast on the first day at rehab. Bit overwhelmed as I live on my own so having so many people around when I get up is something I am going to have to get used to lol. Had a counselling session yesterday on a few hours after I arrived and counseller is from Australia, seems like a nice chap. It's going to take a while being comfortable talking to someone in person too. I have meditation in 20 minutes then we do gratitude and get a 30 minute break then a 2 hour group therapy session. I have an exercise to do now where I have to do a roadmap of my life, noting all the good the bad and the ugly things that have happened along the way, I will start that in my freetime this afternoon. Then at 4pm there is a womens group which will be a bit odd for me as I don't really do that sort of thing and have very few female friends so another thing I will have to throw myself into and get out of my comfort zone with. I signed up for something else at 6pm about triggers, not really sure what it's about but I am going to give everything a try.

It's hot, I have 8 very swollen mossie bites and are dog tired due to time difference. Well, got to love you and leave you all, off for meditation. Take care all and be good xx
Huge kudos to you, MantaLady. I didn’t realize that you were headed to rehab.

Very impressive move.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Morning all.
A big hello to pinky.
We are not the guys at work
Vman, I practically choked from laughing so hard at the goat on pink!

Sheer perfection!
Old 06-13-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

LOL...I think we scared him....he didn't go into the office today.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hi again everyone.

MB - I am down for 30 days but can make a decision the week before the end of the month on if I want to do 60. This is good as I can just concentrate on the immediate stuff.

Venus - the Food is absoutely fantastic, all organic fresh and really tasty

Today's itenery was meditation first thing then gratitude, then breakfast and a 30 minute break and a 2 hour group session, break for lunch and then a mindfullness session, we then popped out to Monkey Hill where there are hundreds of monkeys running around an old temple, some of them chased you and snatch your stuff off you!!, and then an NA meeting where someone shared their story which was pretty powerful stuff.

I am struggling with it all to be honest, I have gone right into my shell, can't really speak and are paranoid. I have had to speak in front of a group of people (at least 15 people) multiple times today, this makes me sick to my stomach and most of the sessions I have spent shaking with fear of when the next time I am put on the spot is going to be. I just don't know what to say. Just typing this out now has made me cry when all day I have felt nothing other than fear, my fight or flight instinct is well and truly switched on the flight mode. I knew I had low self esteem and confidence but hear it is magnified and I just want to cry and hide away. I am purposely sat outside in the designated area where you can use your phone or computer so at least I am not shutting myself in my room. Everyone else is sat round the other side laughing and joking and all seem to know what to say, come up with the right phrases about recovery etc and I feel so inadqequate.

I am going to have a darn good cry tonight and hope that this feeling passes or is just something normal that people go through.

Take care everyone and be good xx
You are so very courageous, MantaLady, and I am incredibly proud of you.

Can you practice some deep breathing? It may help.

Although one would never know it based upon my SR time/posts, I am very quiet and somewhat shy in real life. SR is a great outlet; lean on us any time.

Keeping you in my thoughts.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:21 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

1558 visiting "guests" on this site right now.

That seems to be a pretty average number.

Prayers going out to all of you who are lurkers.

I hope you'll decide to step in and speak. It changes everything from a deep shameful secret, to a solution-based project.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
We used to roll this thread (500 posts) on the regular by Saturday morning.

More posts the better, I say.

From my walk yesterday: The Edmonds ferry as it departs. Huge negative tide yesterday, too.

Do you get Red Tide (an algae bloom) where you are, big?

It is quite a problem at times here. Makes it impossible to sit on the beach when present.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Do you get Red Tide (an algae bloom) where you are, big?

It is quite a problem at times here. Makes it impossible to sit on the beach when present.
Whenever we get several hot days in the spring the Regents canal is always plagued by blooms of toxic duckweed. Last year they removed 120 tons of the stuff.

This is not my pic but this is a part of the canal east of me called the Limehouse Cut, not far from the Olympic stadium.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180613_205748.jpg (42.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-13-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

It doesn’t look nice, saoutchick. Ugh!

The Red Tide drift is a respiratory irritant to humans but ivery toxic to aquatic life; it is heartbreaking to witness the ‘kill’.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Folks, I am easily pushing Day 26 so far at least, no AV, no mood to pick a drink anytime. I also have a super busy evening with gym and library errand for my son. Catch you guys later.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Awesome..... ♥♥
Old 06-13-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Have a good evening, Calmself!
Old 06-13-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hi again everyone.

MB - I am down for 30 days but can make a decision the week before the end of the month on if I want to do 60. This is good as I can just concentrate on the immediate stuff.

Venus - the Food is absoutely fantastic, all organic fresh and really tasty

Today's itenery was meditation first thing then gratitude, then breakfast and a 30 minute break and a 2 hour group session, break for lunch and then a mindfullness session, we then popped out to Monkey Hill where there are hundreds of monkeys running around an old temple, some of them chased you and snatch your stuff off you!!, and then an NA meeting where someone shared their story which was pretty powerful stuff.

I am struggling with it all to be honest, I have gone right into my shell, can't really speak and are paranoid. I have had to speak in front of a group of people (at least 15 people) multiple times today, this makes me sick to my stomach and most of the sessions I have spent shaking with fear of when the next time I am put on the spot is going to be. I just don't know what to say. Just typing this out now has made me cry when all day I have felt nothing other than fear, my fight or flight instinct is well and truly switched on the flight mode. I knew I had low self esteem and confidence but hear it is magnified and I just want to cry and hide away. I am purposely sat outside in the designated area where you can use your phone or computer so at least I am not shutting myself in my room. Everyone else is sat round the other side laughing and joking and all seem to know what to say, come up with the right phrases about recovery etc and I feel so inadqequate.

I am going to have a darn good cry tonight and hope that this feeling passes or is just something normal that people go through.

Take care everyone and be good xx
Hey, do not worry. You are doing awesome! What does not kill us will only make us stronger. If you feel like you are nervous, tell the folks that you are nervous but you have something interesting to say. Put the ball in their court to make you feel comfortable. Tell them, Hey guys i rely on you to support me. Once you transfer that burden, you will feel much relieved. Please remember each of them will have their own story - try to connect with them one on one basis. You will feel much better in few days, trust me!!
Old 06-13-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Guess I should do my bit to push this along. Hi everyone! How close will we get to 500? only a few more hours to go.....
Old 06-13-2018, 09:52 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, 400+ posts, good going.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:19 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:23 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning MB.

It has just got windy here, outliers of Storm Hector which has arrived in the north and west of the country. It will not be too bad down here in London and since i'm not going out it will not affect me at all.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:24 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, Sao.

Stay warm and safe.

How's your man's flu?
Old 06-13-2018, 11:23 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.
Time for coffee then work.
There has been a lot of rain around here and flooding is pretty bad in a lot of places. Climate change is a reality sooner than later I think.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:28 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Morning, Sao.

Stay warm and safe.

How's your man's flu?
Thank you.

I'm a man, barely alive.

Edit: The weather in London has changed out of recognition since I was young so I think you're right Vman.