Notices

Day 1

Old 06-11-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

So here I am, wide awake at an ungodly hour because I spent my day drinking yesterday. In fact I drank the last 4 days in row. I’m pretty sure I had a sober day or two somewhere in the last week Though I’d be hard pressed to tell you which day. I’m here because I need help. I know I can’t do this alone. I like being a little drunk but the truth is I am a binge drinker. I used to drink a pint of whiskey a day! And then beer on top of that! I have cut back but I’m still getting drunk. Thanks to anyone who’s reading this and comments. I want to be back on the other side and be sober. I lose so much when I’m drunk. I’m not productive at all. I’m not losing weight either I have a party planned for my boyfriend’s birthday in about two weeks which I know will be somewhat of a trigger. I just don’t want to feel like poop anymore!
Old 06-11-2018, 02:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Being sober over four years has been a gift.

All those years spent throwing away life’s precious moments in the name of ‘fun’.

You don’t have to do this anymore....

Choose to embrace sobriety, act in support of that choice.

You can do it.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome to SR! Glad you are here. We all have been where you are right now. Our body, mind, and spirit are crying out "enough is enough"! The change begins now with committing to stay alcohol free one day at a time. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Start by getting rid of all the alcohol in the house. Put aside a jar for 'money saved by not spending it on booze'. It will start adding up just like the sober days! You will start getting your life back! Freedom from alcohol awaits you! Make it happen. We are all here to support you 24/7! Keep posting and stay with us! ♡CR
Old 06-11-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hey Jeycey, it's great you joined SR and want to put the alcohol behind you. It really is a big time waster. Starts off being a quick fix for stress, or to fit in, or just to have more fun. Then it becomes a problem. I hope you stick around and discover how much better life gets sober
Old 06-11-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it. Now, whatever happens, you just need to concentrate on staying sober. That's the most important thing.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jeycey

I didn't think I'd ever be non drinker, not permanently - but the community here supported me every step of the way and showed me how.

I t means a fair few changes, and maybe a few parties missed til you get used to being securely sober, but I reckon you can do it too

D
D
Old 06-11-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What helps me is every time I think about drinking, I think about the absolute worst thing that's ever happened to me while drinking or as a result of drinking. It's easy because the list is so long.

Here are some examples:

-Crashed my car into a rock and got a DWI
-got 2nd degree burns on my hand passing out in a campfire
-got tazed fighting the police after 1st DWI
- resisting arrest, assault on a police officer, destruction of government property
-got a 2nd DWI at .24 BAC (1 year loss of license 10 days in jail
-crashed another car into a guard rail and got a 3rd DWI (30 days in jail, 3 years loss of license)

Drinking has almost cost me everything.

So if I even think for a millisecond about drinking again I simply try to remember all that it has cost me and it becomes painfully obvious what the right decision is.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you’re here. You can do it. You’ve made the first step. Stay strong.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm with you. I've lost far too many days. Let's do this!
Old 06-11-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the responses you guys. This forum is so nice. I actually downloaded two apps that track sobriety but I have lost count of the times I have reset the quit date. Or fished out bottles/cans from underneath my car seat that i started on while driving home in the last 20 minutes of the drive. Just so many awful decisions. Weekends will be tough but i was glad to see the weekender thread earlier!
Old 06-11-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes!!!! I'm like man, I could be so have the physique I want if only i wasn't so hungover or eating a box of ranch and bacon macaroni after drinking. Lets face it, that stuff is delicious any day. Heres to supporting each other!
Old 06-11-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm with you. I'm on day 2 sober. You can do it .
Old 06-11-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I'm all too familiar with being awake at crazy hours of hte night because I drank and napped all day. I quite over 2 years ago and I sleep like a baby. That alone has been worth quitting. Again, welcome aboard.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I know that it seems like a daunting task to get sober but I find that if I break it up into small segments it can be easy. Can you sober today? Sometimes you have to take it hour to hour or even minute to minute. Do you have a plan in place? Stay close to the forums and you’ll be better set up for success.
Good Luck!
Garrison
Old 06-11-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to meet you, Jeycey. You're never going to regret making the decision to change your life. Congrats on your Day 1. We're here to listen & help.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad you found us. I've been there, as so many of us have. Lots of wisdom and support on this site.welcome
Old 06-15-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

How is it going Trytorun?