SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Food Addiction- 24 Hour Thread/Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/428433-food-addiction-24-hour-thread-support.html)

venuscat 06-18-2018 01:20 PM

Aww honey......no, I did not know. :hug:
Glad you are here. ♥♥♥♥♥

SoberLeigh 06-18-2018 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Liebe (Post 6917225)
"Rude potatoes"....I like that.
I was thinking since I posted, just how often I eat carbs. Ive been doing a baked potato every week ( cause others in the house want it)- mashed potatoes with steak ( cause others in the house want it)- then I WANT IT - darn it. Its pretty tough for me to not taste what I prepare- tasting becomes eating a more than light serving of it.
Geeeze.
I gotta get real here.
This is not easy. Im already worried about failure.

Have you ever tried cauliflower mashed instead of mashed potatoes. Irteuly
Is
Pretty good

MidnightBlue 06-18-2018 01:41 PM

Hi, Soberleigh.

Kicking sugar addiction is tough but doable.

As Michael Jordan's trainer says: "If you really want to know what a person is made of, make him go through 10 days sugar detox".

One day at a time goes a long way.

During my sugar-free time I was on a couple of all-inclusive vacations. You get the picture - temptations all around.

I was fine and didn't struggle, didn't feel deprived or restricted.

Really, it was mostly in my head.

Hopefully my dentist will fix my tooth tomorrow and I will be able to eat properly again.

Best wishes to all.

SoberLeigh 06-18-2018 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife (Post 6920700)
So I almost ran out of paint but I managed to make it all work!
So glad I can rest for twenty minutes before getting my son. I will have to do the windows on Sunday.

https://s33.postimg.cc/sqy6jy7e7/AB2...01946_DE95.jpg

Sunfloweife, you did a fantastic job.

Sunflowerlife 06-18-2018 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6930739)
I love this post. I always think you are so very hard on yourself, although of course I understand this trait... :)

I am unbelievably proud of you.
You and Midnight are the most determined women I have ever known. You are both my heroes. :hug: ♥♥♥

Well you are just the greatest. Thank you for always believing in me.

Sunflowerlife 06-18-2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6930748)
I am really late to this thread. I have a true sugar addiction especially in the
form of chocolate and ice cream. I am known to have two large bowls of chocolate many nights. I know that it is so unhealthy butI literally crave it at night. About a week ago,I bought Giradelli chocolate bars with86% cocoa. I started out having three squares a night,found it surprisingly satisfying, and am now down to 1-2 squares.

Cookies and cake are also a big problem. If there is cake in the house, it is gone I notice.

I have been this way all of my life. Often, I am the only one to order dessert.

Hi Leigh!!

Sunflowerlife 06-18-2018 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6930782)
Sunfloweife, you did a fantastic job.

Thank you! I am working on painting the windows blue this week. Then I need to find curtains. Cant wait to share the finished product with you all!

venuscat 06-18-2018 02:13 PM

I think you girls have similar colour tastes....OK, color, American spelling...bet Leigh is going to be all over helping you to find the right curtains Sunny. :) ♥

SoberLeigh 06-18-2018 02:44 PM

I love curtains! If that gorgeous room (with that beautiful brick and amazing mantel) were mine, I would go for plantation shutters

But I love curtains, too - they create so much softness and interest (not to mention the fun you can have coordinating pillows
!

SoberLeigh 06-18-2018 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 6930765)
Hi, Soberleigh.

Kicking sugar addiction is tough but doable.

As Michael Jordan's trainer says: "If you really want to know what a person is made of, make him go through 10 days sugar detox".

One day at a time goes a long way.

During my sugar-free time I was on a couple of all-inclusive vacations. You get the picture - temptations all around.

I was fine and didn't struggle, didn't feel deprived or restricted.

Really, it was mostly in my head.

Hopefully my dentist will fix my tooth tomorrow and I will be able to eat properly again.

Best wishes to all.

Ouch, MB; Ihopw that your dentist can completely
take care of that tooth.

Love that Michael Jordan quote. A ten day detox :scared: just the thought of it.

Thete was a miles long chocolate on a cruise that we were on. I embarrassed myself and my husband.

SoberLeigh 06-18-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 6930683)
I've survived through my first day after the relapse.

My biggest psychological issue is that I grew in poverty and when I was 12 years old I went almost a week without food.

And I have kind of emotional fixation - I don't tolerate being hungry, it make me panic.

And I feel like I have this "roving anxiety" if I don't stuff myself extra-full on a regular basis.

When I am at a grocery store I want everything.

Regular healthy meals help a lot with that because when blood sugar is stable and the brain is happy it's easier to apply logic.

But I still need to find the key to make my scared hungry inner child feel secure and happy.

And I am determined to do this.

Hunger is a humiliating experience. I have to leave it in the past and stop leaking into my present.

See you.

I simply cannot imagine what you went through,MB. I am so sorry.

Sunflowerlife 06-18-2018 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6930821)
I love curtains! If that gorgeous room (with that beautiful brick and amazing mantel) were mine, I would go for plantation shutters

But I love curtains, too - they create so much softness and interest (not to mention the fun you can have coordinating pillows
!

Ooh- I’ve never had plantation shutters!

I really wanted bamboo shades but they are not in the budget and also it’s very difficult to hang anything with these windows as the lip is like 1/4” thick. So curtains are my only option. Also I have about $120 left to spend :/

venuscat 06-18-2018 04:30 PM

Have a look at Overstock....just even to get a good range of options, if you haven't...I always get ideas from there. :hug: ♥

SoberLeigh 06-18-2018 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife (Post 6930868)
Ooh- I’ve never had plantation shutters!

I really wanted bamboo shades but they are not in the budget and also it’s very difficult to hang anything with these windows as the lip is like 1/4” thick. So curtains are my only option. Also I have about $120 left to spend :/

I love bamboo shades, too; they are some of my favorite things from the 70s. I bet that they are much nicer, now.

venuscat 06-18-2018 04:34 PM

This was dinner tonight....my mum's old favourite....sorry about the mayonnaise but it's organic and made from good stuff....so lots of tuna and lettuce, eggs, beans, beetroot, tomatoes and cucumber. I love it....so does Nick....luckily. :)

https://i.imgur.com/EmDzvAF.jpg

SoberLeigh 06-18-2018 04:50 PM

That is an excellent dinner, Suze. I love the presentation, too!

Dee74 06-18-2018 04:58 PM

Time for a Part Two - come join us in the Daily Support Forum :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-pt-2-a.html