SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Friday night? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/428392-friday-night.html)

DreamCatcher17 06-02-2018 07:14 AM

Friday night?

What did you fill your Friday night with?

I was sober.
My son threw up all over my couch so I now have a clean couch!
I started the codependent no more workbook
I got amazing sleep!

You?

ChloeRose63 06-02-2018 07:23 AM

I watched Ghost Adventures and played a game on my tablet.
These days I am up very early so I like to get to sleep by 10 or so.
As for cleaning up messes...I clean litter boxes most of the day...lol

Yixi 06-02-2018 07:27 AM

Hi DreamCatcher. Last night I read a few chapters of a book (called "I am Pilgrim" by Terry Hayes) - I'm really enjoying it :), baked some blueberry muffins and some cheese scones, did some yoga and then I curled up for a spot of inane TV. Perfect :) And you're spot on - sleep without drink is amazing. Hope that you have a lovely weekend. Yix x

doggonecarl 06-02-2018 08:15 AM

Worked in the yard until nearly dark, had a bite to eat, then walked the dogs (have six, so it took over an hour). Cleaned up, and went to bed. Sober.

Upstairs 06-02-2018 08:22 AM

Lets see! Exercised an hour or so. Had some dinner. Played with the dog. Watched some movies and mindless tv then bed! Which is basically what I do every night of the week! :)

NerfThis 06-02-2018 08:31 AM

I worked on a digital painting. A stylized/cartoon style version of a character from West World. We then ate pizza and buffalo wings, drank cola (husband had white wine) while watching American Horror story.

I then continued working on the artwork while he drank wine and played playstation :) I'm currently still working on said picture, but I have tears in tendons on both of my shoulders, so drawing is incredibly painful for me on some occasions even though it's how I earn money!

Dee74 06-02-2018 04:49 PM

went to see some mates play, home by 930 :)

D

lessgravity 06-02-2018 05:46 PM

Up all night, with a little newborn girl. I can't believe I raised a kid while drinking. I'm so happy to be sober this time.

MyLittleHorsie 06-02-2018 06:21 PM

Friday nights I hit bed early. :) My reward for working all week. Early to bed, late to rise. Tonight was bbq and a fire. Fire is doused out, I am sitting on the balcony relaxing. Thinking about drinking the last of the lemonade and making more. I also wish my neighbours would quit talking, I am enjoying the music they are playing.

AmbyMarie 06-02-2018 06:38 PM

Took my kids to a Chinese Buffet, went home and listened to music and had a dance party, and fell asleep early watching an old episode of St. Elsewhere😊

least 06-02-2018 06:43 PM

Played on my computer, played with the dogs and cats. Exchanged emails with my daughter. Went to bed sober and happy. :)

DreamCatcher17 06-04-2018 06:53 AM

Sounds like a great sober weekend was had!!! I'm proud of you all for staying sober and better yourself!
Have a blessed week :)

Yixi 06-06-2018 01:22 AM

Thanks Dream - the same to you x

August252015 06-06-2018 04:32 AM

I had to think for a sec- Fri seems a long time ago! I was feeling quite down and decided to let my husband and step daughter go alone to Hamilton. Yeah, that's how disturbed (a la the BB) I was. I am struggling with a back injury and we have some decisions to make this summer (starting end of this month, really) that I am trying not to future trip about....I just wanted to be alone and I went to bed early. Def a bit of self-pity so I was ready to call it a day even after getting my hair done earlier!

Going to more meetings this week, doing PT and working on my spiritual fitness.

Snufkin 06-06-2018 05:45 AM

Last Friday was my final degree show space and assessment hand-in at Uni, so I stayed at Uni till late making sure I submitted everything. I am quite pleased with my work. :) If I was still drinking, I'd either drop out or fail. There's no way I'd be able to pull myself together, so I feel very grateful for staying sober.

Looking forward to another sober Friday - perhaps just a little bit less stressful. :D

Buckley3 06-06-2018 01:40 PM

I learned how to make a copycat Starbucks Mocha Frap with my Vitamix. Totally from scratch - homemade chocolate sauce, hand pressed brewed Espresso, etc..

Then I devoured it greedily.:lmao

B