Notices

What A Day!

Old 11-15-2004, 05:09 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ama
I think Cindi is also pretty cool because his second name was David afterall!!!! (H)DT ;-)
But has to be said that both Yeats and Thomas being Irish/English poets per se; that a certain amount of literary snobbery exists and hence the American poets are not studied or concentrated on this side of the ocean very much :-(

I am 5 days + now!!!!! Hope all are well too!

Luvs Ama
Hi Ama,

That is like comparing apples to oranges. All three are extremely intelligent and brilliant. Henry decided to live his life on Walden Pond and not deal with the selfishness of the rest of society. Dylan Thomas drank himself to death, here are a few of his quotes..

It is never too late to give up your prejudices. Walden

Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed, and in such desperate enterprises? If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Walden

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Walden

Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.

Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind. Walden

Things do not change; we change. Journal

In any weather, at any hour of the day or night, I have been anxious to improve the nick of time, and notch it on my stick too; to stand on the meeting of two eternities, the past and the future, which is precisely the present moment; to toe that line.

We do not enjoy poetry unless we know it to be poetry.

Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes.

So behave that the odor of your actions may enhance the general sweetness of the atmosphere, that when we behold or scent a flower, we may not be reminded how inconsistent your deeds are with it; for all odor is but one form of advertisement of a moral quality, and if fair actions had not been performed, the lily would not smell sweet. The foul slime stands for the sloth and vice of man, the decay of humanity; the fragrant flower that springs from it, for the purity and courage which are immortal.

For more than five years I maintained myself thus solely by the labour of my hands, and I found, that by working about six weeks in a year, I could meet all the expenses of living.

On tops of mountains, as everywhere to hopeful souls, it is always morning.

All this worldly wisdom was once the amiable heresy of some wise man. Journal

I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Civil Disobedience

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison. Civil Disobedience

Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.

Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all.

As for Doing-good, that is one of the professions which are full.

I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society.

Wherever a man goes, men will pursue him and paw him with their dirty institutions, and, if they can, constrain him to belong to their desperate oddfellow society.

It is not worthwhile to go around the world to count the cats in Zanzibar.

Ama, I hope you have a wonderful day and I am sending lots of Love and Support your way!

Love, Cindi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 11-15-2004, 05:33 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

My favorite is "If you have built castles in the air than your work need not be lost, now build the foundations under them...
Old 11-15-2004, 06:35 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Good morning Ama and Cindi!!!

Off to work in a few but wanted to come to the boards and see what's what.

I think it was seven years ago I was up at Walden and it is a beautiful place. I would love to live in the Concord area someday, but it's way expensive.

I also love Thoreau (thanks for the quotes) and I should bring him with me on my trip east. I've saved Emerson's Essays for that but perhaps I should dig out Walden.

Ama the days are piling up! Each day is do-able if it's a sober day.

But Ama and Cindi I really need to thank you for something.

My now ex-wife and I realized that we didn't have much in common and that's one of the reason's we're parting ways. I would be reading Emerson and she be reading someone I've never heard of - which is fine, we're two different people. One time I took her to see Mozart's Requiem and she was dozing off.

I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself thinking that I'm never going find a woman whom I have things in common with. Because someday in the future I do want to get married again and have kids. Not any time soon, but eventually.

Both of you helped me realize that there are women who like the same things I like out there. That there are women I could really connect with. Perhaps I just never looked for them.

Especially last night Ama, when posted the lines from Yeats.

I hope this doesn't sound strange, but now I know that when I get back to New Jersey, I will eventually find someone whom I can fall in love it. And it will be a woman I have things in common with. I was trying to tell myself that over and over, but now I believe it. Thanks you two!

But I'm just going to work on myself for awhile, and when I'm ready, I'll be ready to date again.

Now off to work. Won't be able to check here until lunchtime.

Thanks again.

Richard
Old 11-15-2004, 06:40 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Ama

There is someone - I found mine and it is quite incredible when the synchronicity of minds occurs - A supernova! He shares my mind and I his to an extent that is beyond belief - Joy of joys!

She is there and you will find her....and Yes I am still sober and grateful to be...

You have a good one today.....Luvs Ama

Last edited by Ama; 11-15-2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:02 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Red face Lol

Don't let me fool you, one of my Favorite movies is Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, I just read between lines. Actually there is a lot to be learned in that film, I also just happen to be a voracious reader.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:33 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Ama

Overture ;-)

Welllllll Tellllll!!!!

It didnt kill you anywayz now did it. I am actually praying that something was said that hit you and remains with you. I am certainly the better for going and hope you are too!

AND it is after midnight here so I claim DAY 6!!! All by myself and no docs or meds or the old usual UNRELIABLES.

I truely do hope that you are feeling good after it. If nothing else when on goes to a meeting, surely it is a clear message that they (we) are thinking SOBER, thinking RECOVERY, scattering the precious seeds of life in a weedfree tended and cared for garden??? And that is how the garden grows and bears blossoms and fruit!

I am dying to know ......Luvs Ama
Old 11-15-2004, 04:47 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

The meeting actually starts at six tonight - about an hour and 15 minutes from now so I'll get to change my clothes.

I really need the meeting tonight.

Went and got my travellers checks and traveling cash so one step closer to moving.

Hoorah for me!

And next time I'm marrying a younger woman! I'm 40 and she's 46. What was I thinking! I'm thinking around 35 or 36 sounds about right?

I'll post when I get back from the meeting.

(((((Ama)))))

Richard
Old 11-15-2004, 05:01 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Ama

Originally Posted by exlibris
I really need the meeting tonight.....And next time I'm marrying a younger woman! I'm 40 and she's 46. What was I thinking! I'm thinking around 35 or 36 sounds about right? ...I'll post when I get back from the meeting.

(((((Ama)))))

Richard
Gosh you sound in great form ya feckin eejit (Longford spake)

Yes Hoorah for you!

Better warn all those women under 37 to watch out ;-)

Aaaahh sooo you thought you were the Older woman type - was it a darned matron you were looking for or perhaps Ms Jean Brodie perchance hehehehe.

I think you will get great great benefit tonight - your life is just going to be GREAT!!!!

Luvs Ama
Old 11-16-2004, 09:02 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Ama

How did your day go???
Well I do hope....

Going to an 20:30 meeting and then home and that will give me another clear recovery day under my belt and I will then be on a magic Week tomorrow!

Do let me know how you are getting on and find that meet for tonight! You are really going places both physically and metaphorically speaking and its all in the right direction. Wonder is this a destiny thing or perhaps just where the combinations have to be favourable to launch us? You are helping me too with your kind words of encouragement!!! Bye for a while....Luvs Ama
Old 11-16-2004, 12:19 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

((((Ama)))

You're the one who has helped me so much. When you mentioned The Lake Isle of Innisfree it made all the difference in the world to me.

"And I will have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow"

Still at work. Therapist at 5:30 then meeting at 7:00. Should be a very good night.

I think it was fate or that Irish blood that brought us together to help each other.

I'll come back here after the meeting and let you know how it went. Let's just hope they gave me the right address this time!

Richard
Old 11-16-2004, 03:07 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Ama

The word says it all. It is in two part in Gaelige you see. Innis and Free! Innis means Island as Gaelige so it is the Island of Free(dom)! How wonderfully appropriate indeed! And indeed from freedom comes peace! Yes it is amazingly appropriate and most most pleasing - gosh I have a big smile on my face now Thank you. Seems I am doing that more and more the last few days and with increasing regularity!

You really are making incredible strides - and helping me in doing so and I have no doubt others too. Ceallaigh - we are going to make it I just know it but only by sticking to the methods that have been proven and sticking together and supporting each other in our strive for sobriety in concert with recovery! A concerto of celebration! Opus Day like the little sparrows who awoke me with the chirps the other morning. I actually noticed you see and that was a little gift. There will be soo many when we keep our eyes open, our minds open, our hearts open. There are no doubts anymore. I am an alcoholic and that acceptance is a rainbow of joys!

Do let me know how you get on. And yes indeed - I do hope the address is correct but nevertheless you are acting with intent - taking steps to recovery and that is the important part I think......Luvs Ama