Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Day 12 ... How I made it this far I don't know! But today I woke up feeling full of beans

Notices

Day 12 ... How I made it this far I don't know! But today I woke up feeling full of beans

Old 06-01-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's day 12. I've been through some s**t storm these past 2 weeks but I feel things are very slowly starting to level out.

Today I have no anxiety at all. I got up at 6am and couldn't sleep. For some reason I've been waking up at 6am for months. When I drank it was always to poop. 6am every single morning! But since I stopped I still wake up at 6am except no desire to urgently poop.

I decided to get up and lift some weights. I did about an hour of exercise. After that I decided to go shopping, and visit my dentist for filling and a deep clean. I am someone who was absolutely petrified of dentists but today it's like I was a different person. 0 anxiety.

I have to get everything done in the morning. It's the only time I'm fully alert. I'm on anti depressants ... day 3 ... and the side effects turn me into a zombie who sleeps all day.

I was getting annoyed at the 6am rise but it's actually working out in my favour allowing me to get everything done before 10am. At 10 I take my tablet and then I'm pretty much done for the day HA!

Onwards and upwards.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

That is wonderful to hear 16!! You have done so well and hope you are very proud of yourself, you should be!! Onwards and upwards hey!! xx
Old 06-01-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Just to clarify, was your post saying that you only live four hours a day, and are out of it for the other twenty?
Old 06-01-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
Just to clarify, was your post saying that you only live four hours a day, and are out of it for the other twenty?
It's not that bad ha ha! But when I have my medications I will have little desire to do much. I become very slow, although I can still function. It's just not very pleseant because they cause nausea, and brain fog. The side effects are temporary they should only last a week, or 2.