# 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
too cold to be drinking - try a cuppa instead willow

D
26 today 😊 which is pretty cool for here 😊 I just had a coffee, thanks D
Old 06-17-2018, 09:41 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Lots of triggers today for some reason.... I was walking out of the football club this morning at 10.30am where I had to sort some paperwork, and a couple walked in for a morning drink and I immediately wanted one too. The AV said go on, just a quick glass of wine, you’ve got a cruisy day today.... Then drove past my local bottlo ie “wine shop” and started to turn the car into the carpark... The AV is really persistent today and it’s not yet 1pm on Monday... Start of my week 6 and the AV is telling me that I obviously don’t have a problem because I’ve gone 35 days without alcohol (after 35 years drinking). I know it’s a liar. I wish it would just go away and leave me alone 😳
Willow, you know and I know that with some time it will go away. The problem starts when we pay too much attention to it. 6 weeks is awesome. I am just finishing up Day 2
Old 06-17-2018, 10:21 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Willow, you know and I know that with some time it will go away. The problem starts when we pay too much attention to it. 6 weeks is awesome. I am just finishing up Day 2
You’re right calmself, thanks for the reminder, it will go away I guess. Just struggling more today than I have been. I just have to ignore the AV and it will go away. I’m just finished 5 weeks, so trying to be optimistic that this 6th week will be alcohol free too, but I just have to take it one day at a time....
Day 2 is great. You only had a small hiccup and you’re right back on the sober train again. Well done. It’s too easy to slide back down the slippery slope but you didn’t do that. You picked yourself right back up and kept on going. We’re stronger together and we can do this 😊
Old 06-17-2018, 11:04 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
You’re right calmself, thanks for the reminder, it will go away I guess. Just struggling more today than I have been. I just have to ignore the AV and it will go away. I’m just finished 5 weeks, so trying to be optimistic that this 6th week will be alcohol free too, but I just have to take it one day at a time....
Day 2 is great. You only had a small hiccup and you’re right back on the sober train again. Well done. It’s too easy to slide back down the slippery slope but you didn’t do that. You picked yourself right back up and kept on going. We’re stronger together and we can do this 😊
Thank you for the nice words. Good day to you!
Old 06-18-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Made it through today’s challenges! Thanks guys, you’re awesome 😘 goodnight 😊🙏
Old 06-18-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Great job, willow!
Old 06-18-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
hey guys

hows it going Minion?

D
Hey D!! Made it through the day pretty well! Thankful to still be sober today. Had my escape plan and it worked! Afterwards spent some solid time chatting with my sponsor!! Thanks for checking on me!! Have a great day!!😀
Old 06-18-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Calmself and Willow... great job tuning out the AV and trigger!! Every day sober is a blessing! I’m grateful today that you’re both one more day ahead!

Calmself!! Way to go getting back on the journey and not allowing a hiccup to completely derail you!! You can do it one day at a time!

It’s the beginning of the work week for me. A busy time ahead. Have a graduation Wednesday of a dear friends daughter who is an inspiration that we can shine through struggles (big struggles) - here she is graduating, and starting a bigger journey! Wasn’t sure she’d get there but God is bigger! Heading to New Hampshire in Thursday with friends for a long weekend... no alcohol to be had!! Thankfully they don’t drink and it will just be an extended weekend of enjoying the beauty of nature and getting a little work accomplished on the cottage they own!! Thankful to have these folks in my life!! Full of gratefulness this day and for the 24 ahead!! Have a great day/evening everyone!
Old 06-18-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Morning junipers

Monday morning, day 15 here.
Feeling pretty good, I also had a lot of triggers over the weekend. I am trying to mentally separate triggers from urges.

Although I was triggered in several different situations, I felt my urge to give into the trigger and AV has decreased. Not sure if the urges are less intense due to my meds, or consistency of telling AV ‘no.’

Hubby worked 45 hours the last 3 days, and I was home with the lovely littles. When he works hard for us, I try not to complain. But it is a lot for me too.

Either way, happy he is off today and tomorrow.

Enjoy the day junipers, stay strong and add another day today 😊
Old 06-18-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome minion
congrats bumblebee!
have a good day Prof D and everyone else reading
Night Willow

D
Old 06-18-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Day 13 completed

getting a little stronger each day

I'm trying to focus on the present and experiencing reality (rather than being in some sort of time-sucking self-pitying stupor)

anyway - well done if you made it another day :-)
Old 06-18-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Glad to see so much progress

Not so much here....new day 2 as after making it through Friday and getting all chores done Saturday the AV swept right in and said "You'll do better next week" and I fell for it.

Yesterday I visited Dad for Fathers' Day but other than that I spent the day nursing that wretched hangover. They were having wine but fortunately I had ginger ale with me and stuck with that.

Pushing forward!
Old 06-18-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Great job, willow!
Thanks ProfD 🙏😊
Old 06-18-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Minion well done with your escape plan! And that sounds like a lovely way to spend the weekend, with sober friends, in nature and working on a cottage. Enjoy the graduation 😊

Bumblebee that’s a really good point, distinguishing between triggers and urges.... I think I’ll delve a bit deeper into my own... Not every time I’m triggered do I feel the urge to drink. Sometimes I do. Worth a closer look for sure 🧐

Well done Redcardid 👏

Never mind Purps, you’re pushing forward again and you’ve recognised the AV’s part in it. Maybe next time remind yourself of the hangover before you have that drink. It’s what’s been stopping me. Remembering that I never have just one, and that I invariably end up with a horrific hangover. If I immerse myself in the visualisation of being in that hangover, I have so far managed to shut the AV up, or at least knock it back to an annoying but harmless pest like a mosquito instead of a powerful seductive sorcerer!
And coming here and posting helps. Usually someone is around for support 😊

Thanks D, a cuppa was a much better idea than wine yesterday 🙏 and I made it through to day 37 today 😊

Onwards and upwards everyone 😊
Old 06-18-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Calmself and Willow... great job tuning out the AV and trigger!! Every day sober is a blessing! I’m grateful today that you’re both one more day ahead!

Calmself!! Way to go getting back on the journey and not allowing a hiccup to completely derail you!! You can do it one day at a time!

It’s the beginning of the work week for me. A busy time ahead. Have a graduation Wednesday of a dear friends daughter who is an inspiration that we can shine through struggles (big struggles) - here she is graduating, and starting a bigger journey! Wasn’t sure she’d get there but God is bigger! Heading to New Hampshire in Thursday with friends for a long weekend... no alcohol to be had!! Thankfully they don’t drink and it will just be an extended weekend of enjoying the beauty of nature and getting a little work accomplished on the cottage they own!! Thankful to have these folks in my life!! Full of gratefulness this day and for the 24 ahead!! Have a great day/evening everyone!
Have a great time at NH! I have never been there. Thanks for your support!!!
Old 06-18-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Folks, Day 3 and things are pretty smooth. Very busy day with back to back meetings. Catch you all later.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hey all. I'm struggling a bit and have a very challenging temptation coming up tomorrow. Husband is on a business trip, and I'm all alone for a couple of days. I really don't want to drink. I hate feeling weak and susceptible to drinking, but not sure what I can add to my plan that I'm not already doing. Just posting here for some accountability.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your slip up, Purplrks3647. Glad you got right back up!!!
Old 06-18-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redcardid View Post

I'm trying to focus on the present and experiencing reality (rather than being in some sort of time-sucking self-pitying stupor)
Yes, me too! I'm really wallowing. I hate doing that. Such a waste of time, right?
Old 06-18-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Hey all. I'm struggling a bit and have a very challenging temptation coming up tomorrow. Husband is on a business trip, and I'm all alone for a couple of days. I really don't want to drink. I hate feeling weak and susceptible to drinking, but not sure what I can add to my plan that I'm not already doing. Just posting here for some accountability.
Hey ProfD, have you got some rewards for not drinking lined up? I’ve been trying different things, treats that I haven’t tried before. Some are culinary delights and some different types of non-alcoholic drinks. Sparkling juice or mineral water with fresh lime is a new favourite, and vanilla chai tea. Also treats to do so as to distract myself, like lovely new bath salts and a good book to lay in the bath and read. A trip to the hairdressers or a pedicure. Phone a sober friend for a chat? Or visiting a sober friend? A jigsaw puzzle? actually I might pick up a new one for myself 🤗 . You might have tried all these but maybe there’s something new... 😊