Notices

Class of June 2018 Part 1

Old 06-15-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Completed day 10 (in about 27 minutes)

had to come here a bit early - because I'm dying for a drink (to read some posts to distract and be reminded of the horror....)

day 10 is generally considered to be the end of acute withdrawal - so I'm glad I made this important milestone

having a lot of small failures at the moment (fruit loaf I baked came out like a stone because the yeast failed/was dead + robbed on ebay by a scammer + a little DIY project at home has turned into a clown routine)

anyway - well done if you made it another day :-)

it's weird how one day can be serene and easy as pie, and the next a hideous ordeal of physical suffering and extreme anguish
Old 06-15-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redcardid View Post

it's weird how one day can be serene and easy as pie, and the next a hideous ordeal of physical suffering and extreme anguish
This is so true! Just have to push through until it evens out, I think.

Sorry about all the little frustrations. It often feels like the things that push us over the edge are minor problems not big catastrophes.

But don't drink no matter what. You've come so far!
Old 06-15-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I'm midway through day #10 guys and keeping myself busy with work and recently picked up martial arts training again for physical activity. I'm sending out good vibes to everyone that the weekend will bring good health, internal strength and contentment
Old 06-15-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Want a laugh Redcardid? I am a little obsessed with bowel movements...since drinking gave me loose stools and death starts in the colon and all that...been watching mine change with my quit...to normal, then hard to pass, now normal. While I interpreted "fruitcake issue as CAME OUT LIKE STONE" to mean you were horribly constipated! When I got to the word yeast, I went back and reread and laughed at myself!!! Yes there are ups and downs. Try to remember...ups and downs/ good days bad days/ part of every life. Disconnect the struggles from being sober, just life. Here's to live yeast in your future! I am on day 11...stay with this. Baking drunk has ended in very poor results for me...even when all the ingredients were perfect!
Old 06-15-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Lgrhe, as Venuscat, Minion and Bumblebee said, we’re with you on this, you can do this sober, stay strong, we’ve got your back. Sending support and love to you. Post on here when things get rough.

Well done on 3 weeks mrwolfie! That’s awesome! 😊 And 10 days redcardid and leo, and11 days lizajane, that’s really great, and hopefully you’ll all be feeling a lot better now too 😊 hi ProfD, thanks for your wise words 😊

I’m on day 34. I was home alone last night (Friday night) and thought about the wine in the fridge (this used to be a huge trigger, home alone with wine, “yippee let’s get into it” the AV would think, rubbing hands together gleefully !!!) but I wasn’t tempted to drink, it just played on my mind a bit. I got on SR and made a cup of tea (and ate cake) instead.... I think it’s getting easier to resist temptation thankfully, or maybe the AV is just on vacation and gearing up it’s ammunition... So I’ll have to stay vigilant!

Off to a yoga class now on this beautiful Saturday morning. Have a lovely weekend 😘
Old 06-15-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Me too Pinky! If we were out I’d try to find any excuse to stop somewhere licenced for something to “eat” so I could have 2 or 3 quick wines with the snack/lunch.... And I’d always have wine stashed in the back of my car under some clothes or bags... Plus a “water” bottle full of wine in my bag... or a couple of smaller bottles of wine hidden in various places 😳 and I’d hide the empty wine bottles in the recycling bin and usually add a few other empties into bags in my car to drop into various rubbish bins so the recycling bin didn’t look so full 😳
I've just seen this and I can't stop laughing about the recycle! Oh yes I was an expert at getting rid of the empties. The recycle at Sainsbury's or morrisons was a favourite if grocery shopping or like you load the car and get rid in various rubbish bins 😳
Old 06-15-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hey guys ~ AV whispered a little after work but I made it home! Having everyone's support here has been so helpful
Old 06-15-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Broke my stretch
Old 06-15-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Calmself...does that mean you drank? IF so...world has not ended. Make tomorrow day one. The longer you continue, the harder it will be to quit again
Old 06-16-2018, 01:47 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Broke my stretch
Don’t beat yourself up, we’re all human and we’ve been there too. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again calmself, you can do this, we’re all here supporting you 👍
Old 06-16-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Morning junipers- I’m waking up sober on day 13. Have my coffee and about to make a to do list for the day.

Family is coming over for a cookout, so I need to go to the store to get food. Looks like it is going to be hot here in Pennsylvania.

Calmself- Keep your head up. I am positive that every single person on this forum has ‘broke their stretch.’ For me...it is important to start over immediately, don’t dwell on and move forward. Otherwise, AV gets stronger and the downward spiral of daily drinking starts again. We are here for ya.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-16-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Just wanted to join the thread. newly sober but doing well so far.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Broke my stretch
Ohhh the battle we are in! We all understand! This event doesn’t mean the end, it means pause! Take a hard look at what didn’t happen and where you chose self over surrender. Don’t live in that self space but rather stand up tall, take a big breath, ask God to remove all urges to drink going forward! You’ve owned it, you can’t take it back but you can move forward today, just today! Dust off, set your course forward. There is a higher power greater than yourself that can relieve you of this craziness called alcoholism- may you find that higher power NOW- are you willing? I listened to this podcast last night... so good... if you get a minute, go outside with earphones on, look around at the beauty surrounding you and listen - mike chase.org. Step series June. Much love 💕. 🙏🏻
Old 06-16-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Morning junipers- I’m waking up sober on day 13. Have my coffee and about to make a to do list for the day.

Family is coming over for a cookout, so I need to go to the store to get food. Looks like it is going to be hot here in Pennsylvania.

Calmself- Keep your head up. I am positive that every single person on this forum has ‘broke their stretch.’ For me...it is important to start over immediately, don’t dwell on and move forward. Otherwise, AV gets stronger and the downward spiral of daily drinking starts again. We are here for ya.

Have a good day everyone!
True story Bumblebee2!! We’ve all been there and done that and understand!! Calmself, we are not going anywhere! Day none will turn into Day one... don’t stop believing!!

Bumblebee2- next state east her in NJ! Cool to be not so far!! 😜
Old 06-16-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Calmself, that's OK if you get right back to it?

What happened?
Old 06-16-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many of us underestimated the relentlessness of this thing calmself - I know I did.

So, you fell, but you can get up again and rejoin the pack

You can use whatever happened to make sure you don't fall again
Welcome WhiteLight

D
Old 06-16-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhiteLight View Post
Just wanted to join the thread. newly sober but doing well so far.
Welcome WhiteLight... great group of folks here...Junipers so to speak!! Glad you’re here! Reach out whenever! 👌💕
Old 06-16-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

(((Calmself))) I've "broken my stretch" more times than I can count. Try not to beat yourself up. Maybe there's a meeting you can attend? I need to do the same! Onward together
Old 06-16-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Thanks folks for your support and kind words. Here's what happened - good news first - I got promoted with a great pay hike and 20K promo bonus.

Yesterday there was a promotion party and these guys really roped me in. I just stopped with 1 beer since I had to drive 20 miles. Just near my house, I decided (why????) that I should 'really' celebrate. Went to a local pub and had 2 pints of strong ale, watched a movie again at home with 1 more pint and slept off. Since I had no internet, I could not even ask for support here. Thanks again for all the kind words and your support. Hope you guys forgive me.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
(((Calmself))) I've "broken my stretch" more times than I can count. Try not to beat yourself up. Maybe there's a meeting you can attend? I need to do the same! Onward together
Thanks, Purpl. Let's do it.