Notices

First weekend trip sober

Old 05-31-2018, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First weekend trip sober

Hello everyone, this weekend I'm making a trip to a city where I've only been when I'm drinking. This city happens to be a particularly boozy one/ a big party city so I'm a little nervous. I'm scared to walk by those bars I used to drink at and not feel tempted to walk in, I'm also scared to watch others drink around me (though they've promised to keep their limit to 1-2 drinks, and these are actually normal drinkers, so they CAN do it.)

Looking for some hope and support going into this weekend
Old 05-31-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Any way you can not walk past your old haunts? Being in this situation tough at any time but especially early in your sober journey. Do your friends support you not drinking? If you cannot avoid being around drinking, make sure your server knows your not drinking so that they won't tempt you with suggestions. Have SR on your phone also, step away and check in with us when things get sketchy.

Badge
Old 05-31-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Make a very clear and definitive plan to get back to your room or wherever your staying if you feel like you can’t handle things. I am not embarrassed to say ,early on , I have pretended to be ill and get home early to protect my sobriety. Looking back I should have skipped a lot of those social situations. I wasn’t ready. Just stressed myself out.