SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender 31 May - 4 June 2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/428291-weekender-31-may-4-june-2018-a.html)

Dee74 05-30-2018 11:44 PM

Weekender 31 May - 4 June 2018

Hi

I want to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

weekends can be a tough time, especially in early recovery, and thats what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh :)

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - do it now.

I want to give a special shout out to several of my SR friends here who've had a rough time of it recently.

The beauty of this place is no one is never alone - and we always have your back :)

They say everything happens for a reason - I'm not sure if thats true, or maybe I just don't know the reason for 99% of the stuff that happens.

....but I do now that the bad times can be teachable moments, and in that way, they may be as valuable as the good.

As we head into whatever equinox it is where you are, as a reminder that change is never ending...

:grouphug:

D

calmself 05-30-2018 11:55 PM

Hoping for a dry week end. Sobriety brings clarity!

theVman31 05-31-2018 12:06 AM

Thanks D.
Hello calmself :wavey:
I'm committing to a sober weekend.

Like the almighty D says jump in to the thread and share, help each other and mozy through the weekend :)

MidnightBlue 05-31-2018 12:15 AM

Thank you for the new thread, Dee!

Welcome to weekenders, Calmself! Are you going to claim a shotgun?;)

Morning again, Vinny.

It's still quite early and I've already had two moments that p*****d me off.

I need to breathe.

Dee74 05-31-2018 12:52 AM

almighty?
:eek5: LOL

:no:

D

MidnightBlue 05-31-2018 01:48 AM

Ok, I am ready to vent.

First, since there was no sign plates for the roses in the botanical garden, I was asked by my employer to search for her previous blog posts and "identify" which rose is which.

Seriously?

I couldn't tell one freaking rose from another.

I am ready to kill someone.

Dee74 05-31-2018 01:54 AM

:hide

D

saoutchik 05-31-2018 02:04 AM

Morning everyone, welcome to Weekenders calmself. I have a dentist check up in a few minutes.

In World News a suspect has emerged in the case of the Edinburgh zookeepers missing can of Red Bull

theVman31 05-31-2018 02:12 AM

There will be no killing on the weekender MB :)
You could say ; that is a blue one, that is a pink one, that is a yellow one.....

PhoenixJ 05-31-2018 02:13 AM

I think the peng is showing off those eye brows...

Weekends can be rough...in the quiet and still of night...where our brains crave attention...exaggerated emotions so we can feel something...
it takes time...and work. Part of that is using places like SR to help fill in the hours. There is always something to read and interact with.
Here in my little city in S./Aust..it is 1843....

theVman31 05-31-2018 02:22 AM

Hey PJ :wavey:
Nice to see you in the weekender.

MidnightBlue 05-31-2018 02:24 AM

Thank you for the laugh, Sao!

Vman - Yeah. The issue is that these beauties have names like Gruss an Teplitz, Fortune‘s Double Yellow, La France, American Pillar, Duc de Constantine, Queen Elizabeth...

I am still not giving up on killing) We are going to hike in the mountains, after all:lmao

Snufkin 05-31-2018 02:34 AM

Hello Weekenders! Sign me in for the sober weekend...

My time to vent too. Sorry guys... I'm feeling like crap. Tomorrow is my final hand-in at Uni and I'm so dissatisfied with my work... Perhaps it was better to drop out... There's one lecturer that really believes in me and adores my stuff, she came to me this morning and said she's excited to see what I came up with. It made me feel even worse... If she only knew I'm a drunk and a failure, spent more time vomiting in the toilet than actually doing any work.
Midnight, kill me pls!!

theVman31 05-31-2018 02:38 AM

Hey Snufkin :wavey:
Your not a drunk or a failure.
You have proven that already.
Hand in what you have and get it over with.
Stick with the weekenders this weekend.

Snufkin 05-31-2018 02:40 AM

Thanks Vinny. Ehh looks like I have no other choice.

trachemys 05-31-2018 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 6912238)
Ok, I am ready to vent.

First, since there was no sign plates for the roses in the botanical garden, I was asked by my employer to search for her previous blog posts and "identify" which rose is which.

Seriously?

I couldn't tell one freaking rose from another.

I am ready to kill someone.

You just qualified for a return visit to the botanical garden. Say thank you and take the pictures with you. Get some help from the nice flower children and have a nice day.

MidnightBlue 05-31-2018 02:53 AM

Snufkin - I am sorry, darling, you have to live and fight. If there is ONE person who believes in you, it's already a plenty. I have better candidates to channel my fury to.

Trach - Fortunately or not it's not an option - 3 hours trip one way, and the only bus leaves at 6.00 a.m. I just did my best and that's it. I've had enough of "I need a plant that looks like this in that. Would you please go to the forest and find it for me? ".

Snufkin 05-31-2018 03:17 AM

Ah well, looks like I have to stay alive... It's gonna be fine, my prints didn't turn out so bad after all... Just ugh. Too much stress.

STDragon 05-31-2018 03:42 AM

Be kind to yourself snufkin... your not a failure if you keep trying.

STDragon 05-31-2018 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 6912249)
Morning everyone, welcome to Weekenders calmself. I have a dentist check up in a few minutes.

In World News a suspect has emerged in the case of the Edinburgh zookeepers missing can of Red Bull

That guys is celebrating another sober weekend...