Notices

Weekender 31 May - 4 June 2018

Old 06-02-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Thank you Irish and saoutchik

Now 0400. Still awake. Now the birds are awakening

Maybe now that it’s time for me to start getting up I’ll get more tired

Wish I was going for a walk on the beach with you and MB

Whatever time zone you’re in my SR friends either good morning or good night and let’s chose sobriety today
Old 06-02-2018, 02:07 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

First of all, thanks, Dee! I’m glad everything is good at your end. And if I wasn’t smiling yesterday, I’m smiling now!

Great to see you, Lava!

Welcome, Marcutah and Bernie.

Do your friends know that you are stopping drinking, Irish?

If they do and pooh-pooh your decision and try to pressure you into it, drop them like a hot rock!

If you’re not comfortable with telling people yet, at this early date I would limit my contact with party people to phone or text for a good while.

Definitely don’t risk going to bars, drinking dinners out, or parties for a good while. It takes most people at least several months to build strong enough “sober muscles” to navigate those scenes safely.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:57 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

All okay in my little city with me. I am growing..oh-so-slowly...emotions are no longer hammer blows, but subtle and more profound. I think I will change my name to 'grasshopper'.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:52 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Probably in the next couple years you’ll end up as the wise master!
Old 06-02-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
...I had the most crazy dream today - that I voluntarily ate a mouse...
Yikes!
Old 06-02-2018, 04:05 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Gloomy Saturday today. Rain and cool tempratures. Shopping, gym then time to start tackling the garage. I have a collection of odds and ends that I'll never use. Time for the whole lot to go.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:47 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
saoutchik

These ads are not obvious enough to trigger but I wanted you guys to see what we're up against in London. This is my underground rail station (called Old Street) and for the whole length of the elevator every single ad has been given over to a Spanish beer. Larger ones run along the passageways and platforms. The brewers have almost unlimited funds for this kind of thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180602_124737.jpg (35.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 06-02-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Crazy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180602_125024.jpg (47.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 06-02-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
I hope it's better than my airport shenanigans this week...

Enjoy.
I know, who would have thought you would need valid passport(s) to get on a plane? Sheesh....the cheek of them....

♥♥♥
Old 06-02-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Those ads are enough to trigger I think Sao.....well, maybe not, but they upset me (the ads, not you for posting them....) Probably because I just hate that they do that...that's one thing that is different here from home....no huge billboards everywhere showing frothy beers...hmm.....maybe it's not legal here...sorry, I am very down....I have a serious medical issue that has flared up and I need help NOW and can't see my doctor (need a female doc I know) before Monday....I imagine she will let me come in urgently Monday am. It will be alright(ish) but I am going to have a difficult few days.....pain level is about an 8.

But I won't drink. Or eat any mice.

Welcome to all of the new people....I am usually cheerier than this.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Prayers Suze

Mice eating dreams....Freud would have a field day.

One TV channel here has the usual break down of sports (mostly Aussie rules here in the South Westish)...they have a few well known comics to make it more interactive and fun to watch- with glasses of beer from a large booze manufacturer on prominent display.
Like in the Sydney -Hobart yacht race, that is one boxing day every year and is a multibillion dollar money spinner- that has supermaxi racing yachts...one recently was just called 'the Rothman's' boat. The cigarette company.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hi all

So I went to my first AA meeting, it was … interesting. Im emotionally exhausted now as it was a long two hours.

Everyone is a lot older than me, all were 60+ but that meant a few had some seriously long term sobriety.
I was the youngest there but there were 2 other women so I was relieved. I'm glad I didn't go last night as the meeting consisted of 3 men :O

Everyone was really friendly, which scared the crap out of me tbh, I was hoping to slide in unnoticed but that's impossible with a group of 9 I guess. They asked me a lot of questions, where did I live, is it nearby? what did I do? How old was I? - as soon as I came in the door - I think it freaked them out to have such a young person there lol!

It was nice but weird to have them all welcome me every time they started sharing and it just made me cry the whole time. The stories were so sad made me glad I've never stolen anything or had kids to upset or committed crimes, but then they reminded me it was only matter of time before that happened to me if I kept drinking - they just said if it hasn't happened to you - it will, it just hasn't happened yet.

I was really exhausted by the time I got away, I was kept behind by some people who meant well but I really wanted to go home and cry and go to bed!

I noticed that everyone said they were highly sensitive, and that resonated with me, mum always called me "hyper sensitive" -- like a bad thing - which is no doubt why I drink - to stop the intense feelings because they're bad.

I will go during the daytime meetings - next will be Wednesday - I dunno how this will work out - I just hope it doesn't cause more harm than good - but I will keep going back, its a small town and I'd feel bad if I didn't return, theyd be so upset!
Old 06-02-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Well finally arrived after a long day traveling, airport was a nightmare but aren’t they always. My mum said on the plane that the hotel said they couldn’t do us twin beds and we were going to have to share but we’d put our foot down when we got here lol. Much to our surprise they moved us a little further down the resort to a penthouse suite with 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchen!!! Can’t believe it, it’s georgous and way more than we could afford, can’t believe our luck, we didn’t even have to make a fuss, was all sorted when we arrived. Croatia is stunning so far too �� Hope everyone is ok xx
Old 06-02-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Mr

to Suze
Sao booze ads do my head in too.
Freud. Good old Sigmund.
The recovery eros and alcoholic thanatos.

It's a rainy afternoon in the south of france.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Mr

Have sober fun Manta.
Good for you Irish. Well done.
Good luck with the garage dragon.
Gilmer and PJ your both wise masters to me.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

So glad you went to the meeting Irish....
Awesome Mantalady....how fantastic for you and your mum!

♥♥
Old 06-02-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders! Just a quick check in as I'm going to work now - first time in three weeks, this is gonna be fun... Everything's alright, apologies to all the raging monsters, because I'm gonna be that annoying happy-go-lucky person for the next few days. Yesterday I had my final hand-in at Uni and I'm just so so sooo happy I managed to stay sober, pull myself together and submit and produce work I'm kinda proud of.

Yay?
Old 06-02-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Sao, wow, these ads would drive me crazy. It's like you're in a bad dream!

Venus, I'm so sorry about your health problems and that you're in pain, it sounds awful. I hope you're gonna feel much better after you see your doctor. Sending lots of hugs your way.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday morning NEVER gets old.

No regrets in my life. I haven't done anything monumentally stupid for years. I have most of my life in order. I didn't say or do anything I regret yesterday. I went to the zoo, looked at animals, kept to myself, enjoyed the children having fun, got some exercise and ate ice cream.

In all - a very nice peaceful day that didn't end in falling down, getting in any trouble with my mouth nor doing anything I'll have to apologize for.

All's good in Unicorn Pasture this morning.

Internet hugs for anyone who needs one.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hi. My first post. Glad it's the weekend on day two and feeling exhausted. Didn't sleep well