Notices

Shame after shame/Humiliations after humiliations

Old 05-31-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noona88 View Post
Honestly i really dont drink everyday,but that doesnt mean im not an alcoholic. I can go on for weeks bein sober,but when i do grab the bottle it is endless. I just have the needs to keep drinking and drinking until i pass out or completely out of it! ...

it is nothing compared to this shame&guilt i feel every single day. I am using that as a motivation and reminder that drinking is not worth living in shame.
Please use this place to educate yourself about the nature of addiction, alcoholism, alcohol abuse, etc. Knowledge is power.

There's much more to it than how often or how much someone drinks. That's been a real eye opener to me. I thought I had an idea of what alcoholism was, I was so wrong. Many people are. Problem with that is as long as we hold onto preconceived notions of what we THINK it is versus dealing with it for WHAT it is - starting with educating ourselves - then it's awfully hard to get anywhere.

Hope that makes sense.

There are many here - including me - that had a similar habit. I could sometimes go a couple weeks. But everytime I took one drink it was like a total crapshoot on where it would end up.

I'm lucky to be alive. And that's not just a saying. It's true. I am lucky to be alive.

Last, beware of the guilt and shame. It's natural of course. But my humble opinion is that our AV (addictive voice) uses it against us.

You do not have to be shackled to your past. Once you quit, your done and there's this whole new world and whole you to start learning about... it's exhilirating.

Stick around. Read up. This can be a great thing if you want it to be...

-B