Notices

New here

Old 05-29-2018, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hi, first time here. My adult son, 35yrs old had a heroin addiction but now is on a maintenance program. But, he keeps getting pills like xanax and is a mess. He does this every other month or so, goes on a week binge. He doesnt remember anything, this time around he was screaming and yelling at me. He still lives home, he has nothing, lost his job, son, girlfriend, no car. When hes sober he is very kind but he cant keep a job. Once he gets paid, he buys pills.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stella53 View Post
Hi, first time here. My adult son, 35yrs old had a heroin addiction but now is on a maintenance program. But, he keeps getting pills like xanax and is a mess. He does this every other month or so, goes on a week binge. He doesnt remember anything, this time around he was screaming and yelling at me. He still lives home, he has nothing, lost his job, son, girlfriend, no car. When hes sober he is very kind but he cant keep a job. Once he gets paid, he buys pills.
Welcome Stella, and I'm sorry for what brings you here.

I personally don't have much to relate to with heroin/pils, however, as an addict myself, I can tell you, our addiction comes first, unless we work really hard for it not to be. I hurt everybody that was important to me, countless times, before I started working on my sobriety. It didn't matter how many times I was confronted, or was offered help, I didn't change until I made that choice to change.

I hope your son is there.

I'd recommend following the forums further down regarding families of addicts, there will be some folks there who can relate to your situation, and I truly hope your son can come to the realization he needs more help.

Stick around and read our stories, our hopes, our fears, for ourselves and our journey. You can get a perspective of alcoholics and how selfish we become.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Stella, sorry for the very difficult sad situation you are in.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Stella
I'm sorry for what brings you here but this is a place of great support.

Have you spoken to your son about his behaviour? Laid down any house rules?

D