Notices

Do we have to REALLY quite everything?

Old 05-28-2018, 05:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't want to advocate anything dangerous and I know I'm not in the States but every single dealer I ever knew claimed to have big heavy friends - none ever did.

The big heavy mob are usually big picture wholesalers not penny ante dime bag stuff.

Block his number.

If he knows your address and sends the boys around, then maybe you'll have to make a repayment plan.

D
This is a really tricky situation. On one hand a man should keep to his word and pay what he owes.

But then, the dealer could have easily been helping you under the guise that he's only giving it to you're making him more money.

Drug dealers are scumbags. Most of them will keep you hooked because you're a regular customer.

I don't know what I'd do.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 16YearsDrunk View Post
This is a really tricky situation. On one hand a man should keep to his word and pay what he owes.

But then, the dealer could have easily been helping you under the guise that he's only giving it to you're making him more money.

Drug dealers are scumbags. Most of them will keep you hooked because you're a regular customer.

I don't know what I'd do.
Not all drug dealers are scumbags. They are selling a product and risking their freedom doing so. The product happens to be illegal yes but no one is forcing anyone to buy drugs.

If you are alcoholic and you keep buying beer at a beer distributor guess what? They are going to keep selling it to you regardless.

So drug users have to take responsibility. There are plenty of resources out there for them to quit if they truly want to but most of them don't want to they want to keep getting high.

It's their choice to do drugs no one else.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Beautifully Broken

Zoomi,
I was sober from alcohol for a year, quit smoking at the same time.
I was good until I had a small relapse bc I took pain meds. They made me want to drink. So I did for a few days. I stopped myself before it got out of hand but I was shocked how easy it was once my brain tasted the high I didn’t want to stop.

Fast forward, sober 5 more years, not a drop, ounce of anything. I had to have major neck surgery & was put on opiates.....I was good & didn’t want to drink but frustration from pain not being controlled with just opiates sent me back to alcohol.

I am getting better physically but now I am having to taper opiates and alcohol.

My point is, it’s better if you can to stop it all. You will want to use if you use other stuff, eventually.
Honestly, I hate smoking but when I’m drunk, I’m like yeah I want to smoke.
They all go hand in hand.
Good luck to you.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree with the posters who say it is better to quit everything I'd even go farther and say it's also better to start hitting the gym more and eating healthy. I mean if you are going to quit drinking you might as well go all out with your health.

It is such an amazing feeling waking up in the morning and feeling great. Also with eating healthy you'll have more energy, your skin will look better, you'll live longer and look younger than you actually are.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DangerZone View Post
Not all drug dealers are scumbags. They are selling a product and risking their freedom doing so. The product happens to be illegal yes but no one is forcing anyone to buy drugs.
The drug dealer has a choice whether or not to contribute to the growing drug problem. They generally chose to sell drugs to make hefty profits. Heroin, crack and coke are huge money makers. They're not selling drugs to help you. They couldn't care less about your situation. They want your money, at all costs, to fund their lifestyles.

That's a scumbag.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DangerZone View Post
If you are alcoholic and you keep buying beer at a beer distributor guess what? They are going to keep selling it to you regardless.
Comparing a glass of alcohol to a line of coke is a completely different ball game :p But I see the point you're trying to make. And it's a valid one.

FWIW alcohol should be banned. It's pure poison.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as d**k or anything. And congrats on making the decision to get sober
Old 05-28-2018, 09:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

The drug dealer has a choice whether or not to contribute to the growing drug problem. They generally chose to sell drugs to make hefty profits. Heroin, crack and coke are huge money makers. They're not selling drugs to help you. They couldn't care less about your situation. They want your money, at all costs, to fund their lifestyles.

That's a scumbag.
Drug addicts also have a choice whether or not to contribute to the growing drug problem. They generally choose to get high despite the consequences. Drug addicts could generally careless about what is going on in Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador etc. where ruthless gang members and cartel members make their money off drugs while terrorizing the citizens. And this is coming from someone who had a drug problem.

So I see your point but you can't tell me that people who use drugs including weed are any less innocent than drug dealers who sell the product.

Now the drug dealers who kill innocents in shootings that's a different story.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as d**k or anything. And congrats on making the decision to get sober
You did not come off as a dick at all. As long as we can have a peaceful discussion discussing our points of view without insulting each other I am all for it.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I have decided on the fact that I want to stay sober! I had the chance to do cocaine today and I did not. I had money and had numbers to call but I choose not to and deleted all numbers BUT 1 and that one is the one I owe money to.

I am getting two different opinions from family and friends one says delete him and forget him the other says pay him off slowly over time( the guys actually not an ass hole and will probably let me do that) However, it will keep me in touch and if I ever want to relapse I am sure he would love to sell me some stuff. Also I doubt this guy will let $4500 slide like its nothing knowing where I live and where my business is. I have enough debt to deal with as it is so paying him right off the bat is not an options. I can either not pay him at all and see what happens and delete him or come up with a payment plan and slowly pay him over the months and ask him not to sell me coke EVER again?

what you guys think. ( by the way family says screw him will call the cops) but they do not know much about this type of stuff.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Beautifully Broken

I don’t have much advice on paying or not. Never been in that situation but that does suck...BUT I am proud that you decided to stay sober.....that you did all those proactive things.
That you chose not to get high today.
We must all live ODAAT.
Each positive decision adds up to miracles. Keep putting in the hard work of staying sober!