SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Eyesight (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/428114-eyesight.html)

Porcetta 05-25-2018 04:12 PM

Eyesight

Has anyone experienced eyesight issues after stopping the booze ??

VigilanceNow 05-25-2018 04:50 PM

As in vision? I’ve had eye pain during withdrawal, but never vision changes. Are you experiencing partial blindness?

DontRemember 05-25-2018 05:49 PM

I experienced eye 'floaters' for around a week when I quit.

Porcetta 05-25-2018 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by DontRemember (Post 6907410)
I experienced eye 'floaters' for around a week when I quit.

Yea, I have floaters/fine squiggles in one eye, yet I'm in the nervous 90's

DontRemember 05-25-2018 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Porcetta (Post 6907414)

I have near perfect eyesight :knockswood: and it was frustrating as hell trying to focus on something like a menu or computer screen. Really made me appreciate not having to wear glasses/contacts like everyone else in my family..

entropy1964 05-25-2018 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Porcetta (Post 6907414)

I get ocular migraines. The squiggles sound a bit like an aura. For me hydration is key. My vision gets crazy when my blood sugar is low too.

I don't know what the nervous 90's are however :)

Porcetta 05-25-2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 (Post 6907462)
I get ocular migraines. The squiggles sound a bit like an aura. For me hydration is key. My vision gets crazy when my blood sugar is low too.

I don't know what the nervous 90's are however :)

I used to get bad migraines so familiar with aura's.... its a bit like a smaller version of them. Maybe I'll increase water intake.

Nervous 90's = in the 90 day range without a drink ;)

entropy1964 05-26-2018 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Porcetta (Post 6907482)
I used to get bad migraines so familiar with aura's.... its a bit like a smaller version of them. Maybe I'll increase water intake.

Nervous 90's = in the 90 day range without a drink ;)

Oh good so you know the drill. My eyesight is always really off for a while after quitting and the migraines increase tremendously.

Noted....nervous 90's!

J50 05-26-2018 06:27 AM

I did and still have some.

I had pin flashes and floaters. They seemed to die down a bit but are still there.

They are most notable in the day, looking at a computer screen, and when looking at the sky.

I didn't have them before I quit (I'm just over 6 months).

I saw an optometrist and ophthalmologist, and otherwise my vision is excellent so I'm hopeful they will clear up.

Porcetta 05-26-2018 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by J50 (Post 6907797)
I did and still have some.

I had pin flashes and floaters. They seemed to die down a bit but are still there.

They are most notable in the day, looking at a computer screen, and when looking at the sky.

I didn't have them before I quit (I'm just over 6 months).

I saw an optometrist and ophthalmologist, and otherwise my vision is excellent so I'm hopeful they will clear up.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear you have it too......