Notices

this might be the last post from me

Old 05-26-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about this, GMS. I used to self-punish and drinking was my main way of doing it. I am a Christian and we are all made in God's image; anyone who says otherwise is not much of a believer. Please stay away from those who make you feel bad. I hope you can remain here. I love you and am praying for you. It's great that you're going to AA and not drinking or drugging.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i managed to get banned from the christian forum will not be going back there
Old 05-27-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GrantMeSerenity View Post
That's why I was never much of a joiner. Organizations by their nature means allowing some and excluding others. Never seemed right to me. But one exceptions (along with SR) is AA. Anybody is allowed to join. Doesn't mean you'll always be accepted, but everybody is allowed to walk through the doors and attend meetings. John
Old 05-27-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really think a ban from there is for the best GMS
It sounded horrid.

D
Old 05-27-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GrantMeSerenity View Post
It could be for the best, GrantMeSerenity. It seemed to cause you so much internal conflict.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

As someone who deals with gender identity issues myself I can only wish you the very best on your journey GMS.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, GrantMeSerenity.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hope all is well with you. John
Old 05-29-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi GMS. I cannot imagine how you are within yourself at this moment in time but I do feel that those who won't try to walk alongside you are lacking something in their souls. As many before me have said - at the end of the day you must do whatever feels right for you. I will say though, with regards to SR, I was part of another addiction site for a little while, (no names), and I personally found some people on them to be egocentric, judgemental and short sighted at times but I have never, ever, not once, on this site found anyone who has nothing but the best interests of the poster in mind. It would be lovely if you are able to stay with us so that we can try and support you through this. Yix x
Old 06-03-2018, 12:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

How are you GMS? Thinking of you x
Old 06-03-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Me too, GMS!

I hope things are going smoother.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by Dean1978 View Post
You are identify as trans and seem what drawn to a world which belittles you or at the least doesnt accept you, why? I understand if you are Christian and have faith but there MANY LGBT forums you can frequent who will make you feel welcome. As a Gay man SR is amazing, yes there is a sub LGBT area (which is pretty empty) but I think its because I/we feel we can share/chat our experiences here and not be judged. There are many religious and non religious here who may not like or accept LGBT but equally there are many who are overwhelmingly accepting. Stay here, with us.

Im from the UK, so probably on same times as you. PM me anytime and I will listen.

Being and staying sober is the biggest reward you can give yourself. In turn, life and the world will repay you in equal measure. Stay close to us
I totally agree with all of this.

I have been beyond open about being gay. See my avatar. I have discussed my relationship issues in the Men’s forum and elsewhere. The only time I have experienced any negativity was in a PM from a troll that attacked multiple people and was immediately banned (kudos to the mods/admins on that). I had been a little concerned about the LGBT forum being so quiet, but I attribute that to the lack of concern from the members and society in general. The view that my love and physical expression of such love is considered taboo and sinful by the Semitic religions causes me to shy away from them in general. I kind of agree to disagree and stay out of the Christian forum as a result, but have never encountered such attitudes here anyway. Emphasis on NEVER.

I can only imagine how the attitudes towards trans people may be less “evolved”, but again I have never seen any evidence of that here on SR, and if there were I doubt the mods/admins would tolerate it. They are also great about keeping things apolitical here, as SR is not the place for political discussions.

I hope you are getting support for your OCD and BPD issues outside of SR. You have a lot of support here, and might consider this site as a good tool in your sobriety kit, as well as life and growth in general.