Notices

It's alright to post in SR

Old 05-25-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's alright to post in SR

I sometimes have to remind myself that ti's okay to post here. It isn't selfish. It isn't shameful.

For the first couple of years as a member of SR I would somehow convince myself that if I fell off the wagon, then I didn't have the right to post here. It took a long while to understand that this is exactly when I had to post.

If you missed yesterday's post, I'm back after a 14 month non-stop binge. Yesterday was D1. Today I'm closing out D2. And yesterday's post reminded me why I should post here.

If you're like me and feel resistance to posting, I urge you to just post. It is such an important step. It's a form of admitting that there's a problem. And that's such an important step.

Be well.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Absolutely keeppushing you must post when you most need to. That is indeed what we are here for.
Guilt and shame prevents many from receiving the support they need. Addiction just loves it when we isolate.
Glad to see you back!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

posting/reading and helping others has helped keep me sober over 15mo . The longest I can remember in 20yrs of drinking.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, no question keep posting. I can check my own history and feel discouraged by it. But then here I am finally sober for good after all this time.

My question to you is, what are you going to do differently this time to stay sober?
Old 05-25-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing, your name says it all! We have to keep pushing. I'm one of the serial relapser kinds, myself. I keep trying and messing up, but most importantly, I keep trying.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Yes, no question keep posting. I can check my own history and feel discouraged by it. But then here I am finally sober for good after all this time.

My question to you is, what are you going to do differently this time to stay sober?
What got me 14 months ago was deep grief and not being prepared for such an unlikely scenario. I now know that I need to remain connected because sharing is important. I had forgotten about SR long before the event because I felt I was fine. This time, I'm rebuilding my connections, at SR and with others, and I'm going to maintain them, hopefully giving as well as receiving.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're back keeppushing
Old 05-26-2018, 11:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a safe supportive place - we all have a hand in keeping it that way

D