Notices

Day 4 - Feeling Great

Old 05-24-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 - Feeling Great

Recovery for me started (again) this week and am feeling great! I have made two other attempts to quit since the beginning of April that have lasted a week and two weeks but I have recalibrated my action plan for recovery.

I am finding that I am gaining valuable insight by tracking how I feel on a spreadsheet (A-F grading system) when I wake up every morning and when I go to bed at night.

After my last drink on Sunday, I woke up on Monday feeling like an "F". Then started taking steps like putting together a recovery plan then went out with friends for our usual Monday night get together and didn't drink, then went to bed feeling like a "B". As my sleep starts to regulate, I exercise more, and I do more planning and reflection, the grades are rising each day.

I fully expect that my grades will fluctuate due to stress or other life "stuff" so I can document that on that sheet. I will also be tracking my daily activities and weight which will serve as additional reinforcement for recovery.

Finally (and most importantly), I can document my thoughts when the "urge" arises. If I have one of those moments then later resist the urge, it will be noted on that sheet and my grade that night or the next morning will reflect that.

I know I have said some things on this forum that raises questions about my level of dedication, but I am all for keeping it real and being 100% honest in this forum. In this case, I am feeling very confident this time around.

Obviously, I know that planning will go a long way this time including a schedule around attending meetings, self-improvement and learning, tracking my mood, and visiting this forum daily.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think honesty's integral - as long as its constructive honesty

glad you're feeling good - congrats on day 4 TeeJayVerm