Notices

Need some help staying off alcohol

Old 05-31-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're very proud of you Katlyne. Things can only get better.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thank you, Heyvn! I am feeling better everyday...physically, at least. I had some anxiety yesterday evening, but it passed. I wish I didn't have to work so many hours because I'm tired alot. One of the many reasons I used to drink was for the temporary boost of energy it gave me. But again, I remember the energy was short lived and quickly turned to even more exhaustion than before. I'm so new to being sober everyday and I want to see where it leads. I have a week vacation coming up June 18th. I am already trying to prepare myself for it. I am going to spend time at my parents lake house and my mother doesn't drink at all but everyone else who comes to visit does. Right now though, my little sister is on board with not drinking with me and we are helping each other. She's a binge drinker as well but not to the degree that I am. For example, she won t get up and start drinking again to feel better and she will start drinking water before bed after a night of drinking. Anyway, I'm sure my mom will enjoy our visit much better without us drinking! Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 06-01-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I always felt encouraged when I got over a hurdle - such as, going on vacation or getting through the holidays without drinking. I think it will help strengthen your resolve when you see that the sober lake house visit can still be fun - just in a different way.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:49 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 13!

Hey Kat, sounds like you are doing well, really glad to hear you are waiting out those urges and keeping yourself busy. Im doing the same, starting to feel pretty good actually, just keeping myself occupied although im snacking quite a bit...im proud of ya, lets keep it up.. ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 06-04-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Mike! I'm so happy to hear you're doing good! We've made it to day 14! There have been some urges but nothing unbearable, so far. But I can't say I didn't get down a bit a couple of times when i wanted some beer and couldn't have any. Lol. It seems silly when i say it. And the feeling passes though. I've been snacking more too but am trying to keep that at bay as much as possible. Really proud of you for pushing through!
Old 06-06-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Katlyne

Hope things are going well Weak

D
Old 06-07-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! Day 17! (I think! Im starting to lose count)! Lol! The only thing i used ro lose count of is the number of beers i had drank! Im hanging in there and trying to just focus on the present. Im learning ro get creative on the weekends when i have free time. It's not always easy, but it has been worth it. I get on here daily and read the posts and I find it helpful. Thanks everybody for all the support!
Old 06-07-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Great job, Katlyne. It will continue to get easier.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Omg I'm the same way! I drink to cope with any negative situations in my life. My drinking began causing problems in my relationships and eventually it began causing me to miss work because either I was too hung over or just to keep drinking. Eventually, I missed a whole week without even calling in and I still don't know the real reason as to why.

Anyways, I broke down and admitted to my supervisor I've been missing so many days because I began drinking more and more to cope with emotions surrounding my financial situation, personal, and work life. I think by telling her it'll give me more incentive to quit drinking and hopefully get to the point of not wanting a drink anymore.

I've referred myself into Daytox for something beneficial to do on weekends, which were my time I'd tend to drink, and try to attend all the meetings I can get to during the week. I try to keep myself busy so I'm not so bored on weekends. I take things day by day and hope for the best.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Katlyne, Why dont you join the June class thread? We discuss there daily and support each other.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

20 days Kat!!!

Hello, how are you doing? Good i hope, im feeling pretty good despite this rainy se michigan day. Ive been doing really good, my exercise schedule is treating me well and my meal plan is too. Ive managed to lose 6 lbs and im feeling light, aware and confident. Im becoming pretty good at not thinking about having that beer or drink, the exercising and healthy eating also is helping a ton. I hope your doing good also, we only have 10 more days till we can say one month!! ONE DAY AT A TIME!!! We got this!!!
Old 06-10-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, hope your sticking to your plan also, its mind over matter and keep your mind on the positive 👍🏼 Im so excited to spend the 2nd half of my life sober👌🏽
Old 06-11-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone. I'm not doing good. I made it to day 19 and then drank. I drank Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If course, the hangover and depression caused by drinking is pure hell. I'm so glad your doing good Mike! I'm going to get back on the wagon and try again. ☹
Old 06-11-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

what do you think you might try differently this time Katlyne?

D
Old 06-11-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I don't know Dee. Maybe I need to go to some meetings. I never have liked AA that much but maybe I need to give it another try. I have felt absolutely horrible all day long and it serves me right! I feel alot of anxiety too. Just last week I was feeling so good and felt so determined. On Friday I started thinking about drinking while I was still at work. In the way home I really wanted some beer so I stopped and got some even tho I was already feeling guilty about it as I did it. To anyone reading this, if you're sober and that urge to drink comes on and you start telling yourself this time will be different...take it from me...it will not be different! It will be exactly the same or even worse! It is nothing but hangovers, depression, anxiety and guilt. This is day one....AGAIN. ☹
Old 06-11-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

And i thank you all for posting here and for "listening" to me. I've been reading posts on here throughout the day and it helps me not feel so alone.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katlyne View Post
And i thank you all for posting here and for "listening" to me. I've been reading posts on here throughout the day and it helps me not feel so alone.
It's a vicious cycle and it truly hurts to be stuck in it. But again and again we get stuck.

Before you take that first drink next time, come here and check in.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

A good recovery action plan is way better than just winging it/hoping for the best IMO

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 06-11-2018, 06:37 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Im so sorry Kat, i know how you are feeling right now, been there a million times. You have great intentions and that really does mean alot, now just be mentally stronger than the poison you are craving. Its a mind game that you CAN win. Just do it, you KNOW you feel better without the shame and guilt and gross knots in your stomach and headache the next day, being so dehydrated.. slowly killing your organs.. its time to let yourself live sober, clean and free. Try again, keep us posted
Old 06-11-2018, 07:34 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thank you weak1! I'm going to try again. I will be so happy when i feel better. I really poisoned myself this time. I went back and read my 1st post on here and it made me sad. I'm not giving up though. I'm going to do whatever it takes to stay sober. I can't live like this anymore. I'm so glad for you that your staying sober!

And thank you Dee. I will check out the link you posted. I'm going to have to step up my game.