Notices

11 months and I've messed up!

Old 05-21-2018, 08:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you drank, but so glad you came here and posted. Tomorrow is a new day. Take a look back and see what worked for you over the 11 months you had sober, and also see what you can add to your plan. You can do this. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ughh stomach is in knots and I feel sick , my own fault!

I thought I had a pretty solid plan , it seemed to be working! I came away from the pubs , no booze allowed in my home , I take my medication daily , I eat well etc

I've had to take a break from therapy as it's so expensive , and I have been isolating myself A LOT due to depression , maybe that's why I drank although I don't really know!

In these last 11 months I've had to face a lot of demons whilst being sober and I'm grateful for that! I don't NEED alcohol like I once thought I did , I don't need it at all! I did want it tho , and I gotta figure out why.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Rar

I get the awful, sinking, sickening feeling. Until you can think clearly again, for now, just don't drink. Be good to yourself. You'll start to put together the reasons for the drinking. I'm sure isolating is a contributing factor, though. Stay close to SR Chiledice. We're here for you.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
I've had to take a break from therapy as it's so expensive , and I have been isolating myself A LOT due to depression , maybe that's why I drank although I don't really know!
That would be my guess - if you stopped therapy and your support network here you pretty much cut off any help you had available. Addiction is not generally like a cold where it just "gets better" and you never have to deal with it again.

You don't need to worry about the cost of SR as it's free and open 24/7! There are also loads of meeting-based support groups that are free and offer in person support and online support.

Isolation is the perfect scenario for you addiction - it gets you exactly where it wants you. Keep those lines to the outside world open and you can go far. Look at how well you were doing not long ago when you were in therapy and spending lots of time here on SR.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you drank chilledice - but today is a new day. Proud of you for coming on here to talk about it rather than just keep drinking! Thinking of you!
Old 05-22-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Ughh stomach is in knots and I feel sick , my own fault!

I thought I had a pretty solid plan , it seemed to be working! I came away from the pubs , no booze allowed in my home , I take my medication daily , I eat well etc

In these last 11 months I've had to face a lot of demons whilst being sober and I'm grateful for that! I don't NEED alcohol like I once thought I did , I don't need it at all! I did want it tho , and I gotta figure out why.
We are always here for you, chilled. You mean very much to us.

I am so glad that you are here and posting.