Notices

Tianeptine Sodium

Old 05-21-2018, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tianeptine Sodium

Anyone have experience with this drug. I started taking it as recommended at the store to beat anxiety and depression. Boy oh boy, this stuff is so addictive. I am trying to wean off and I feel terrible. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone. Anyone have e perience with tapering off, I amtalering off and can barely get out of bed. I feel like I am going to go through this forever and I just want my life back
Old 05-21-2018, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR linda, sorry you are having difficulties with your med. I'm not familiar with it, have you discussed the issues with your prescribing physician?
Old 07-21-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In my VERY HUMBLE opinion, tapering did not work with me trying to stop T. I just had to jump off completely. Stop cold turkey. The more I tried to taper, the more I needed to take. It was a vicious cycle. I was up to a gram a day... and it's hold was getting stronger and stronger on me.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

I have never heard of this drug and had to google it. Years ago I was on an antidepressant for approximately 2-3 years. When I decided to quit taking it, I had horrible withdrawal and could barely function without it. Ultimately my doctor provided me with a tapering schedule. The specific drug I was taking was a capsule with beads inside. At the end of my tapering schedule, I was counting out the beads and taking a few every other or every 3rd day. It was a nightmare and took me over 3 months to withdraw.

I sympathize with the ordeal you're going through. I recommend telling your physician you want to discontinue the drug and request a tapering schedule.

((HUGS))