SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New Here....Need Support Please.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/427770-new-here-need-support-please.html)

Ricepatty1952 05-17-2018 09:42 PM

New Here....Need Support Please....

Hi all,
I am in my 60s, recently had knee surgery last October and a total hip replacement 5 weeks ago. Both on same side. I had pain killers from the surgeon when i was discharged from hospital but i rarely used them as i was on methadone maintenance. I am no longer on my clinic after having the only dirty urine from painkillers i took during physical therapy. They decided to reduce my weekly take homes back to daily visits, that hurt! I cant drive for a few more weeks and cab fare is $16.20 round trip daily times 6 plus the $65 clinic fee. Im sorry but i dont believe i was treated fairly at all. In fact its cruel. I cant afford the $161 a week until i can drive. I had some discs saved for emergencies and im getting prepared to stop the methadone completely when i am finished wi t h what i have saved. Not safe physically or mentally, i know. Im not young anymore and the surgical postop pain is going to get bad. Im scared! I apologize for rambling on here but would someone please pray for me? I have asked our Creator, Great Spirit to help me and i am going to sweat this Saturday evening to be in a more spiritual mind and heart space. Thank you to anyone who has read my post and your support would be greatly welcomed....Ricepatty

Zanna 05-17-2018 10:11 PM

Hi. I'm in the UK so don't really know how things work over there, but have you explained to them that you just cannot afford to do what they're asking ? Perhaps they would allow you to go every two days or something?
I'm sure someone will be along soon with a better suggestion and welcome to SR :)

Dee74 05-17-2018 11:45 PM

Hi and welcome ricepatty :)

I'm an Aussie so likewise I have no experience to share or advice to give other than could you get documentation from your dr to say you had this surgery and you were prescribed these pain killers by necessity?

You also have my prayers and best wishes for sure :)

D

DuhDave 05-18-2018 12:12 AM

I will pray for you Ricepatty.

Stay strong and open a dialog with your care providers. That is probably the only way they will know what you are up against.

DD

Ricepatty1952 05-18-2018 03:18 PM

Thank you all....

Hi
I just wanted to say thank you for your kindness in taking the time to reply to me....💜

Hevyn 05-18-2018 03:24 PM

Ricepatty - I hope you'll stay around. This is a great place for understanding & friendship. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I don't understand how you can be penalized for taking meds that were prescribed. I hope you can find someone to understand and help you with this.

We're glad to have you here.

least 05-18-2018 06:34 PM

Welcome to the family. :) I hope you can get this sorted out to your satisfaction. :hug:

Anna 05-18-2018 07:01 PM

Welcome and I'm sorry for your situation. I hope that you can continue to recuperate with a minimum of pain.

columbus 05-18-2018 07:08 PM

I know you've thought of this, but could you possibly catch a ride with/from someone?

Ghoster18 05-18-2018 07:09 PM

God bless you rice patty!! I pray to the Great spirit also!!
Your in my prayers friend!!

Rar 05-19-2018 05:54 AM

Since you are no longer on opioid pain meds, can you be retested to show that you are clean?

Midwest1981 05-19-2018 06:27 AM

prayers!! :)

RogerD 05-19-2018 06:35 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering. Can you call the doctor or receive a note to explain your predicament. Please keep in touch on the forums.