SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Third plumbing leak in a month (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/427724-third-plumbing-leak-month.html)

myluckyday 05-16-2018 01:56 PM

Third plumbing leak in a month

I'm talking about a flood. Third time in a month. My whole kitchen floode today. The plumber says we have to replace all of our plumbing. We have so many home repairs. I just had to replace the transmission in my car and my teenage daughter's car broke down and it's too expensive to repair. My house ins co said if I don't replace my Chimney and front walkway by Aug they are going to cancel my homeowners insurance because it's a tripping hazard. Still waiting for the plumber, no water and my hubs Alzheimer's is getting worse. This is why I try to lose myself.

MantaLady 05-16-2018 02:22 PM

Please don't pick up a drink myluckyday, these problems are not going to feel any easier or less stressful whilst drinking, they will only feel worse. x

Dee74 05-16-2018 02:57 PM

I'm really sorry myluckyday - but drinking won't help you get any of those things done - and it won't add to your bank balance.

I had a lot of those kinds of financial emergencies happen in the first year - its not easy to manage but I prioritised best I could and did it.

I believe you can do it too - sober :)

D

tomsteve 05-16-2018 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by myluckyday (Post 6898042)
I'm talking about a flood. Third time in a month. My whole kitchen floode today. The plumber says we have to replace all of our plumbing. We have so many home repairs. I just had to replace the transmission in my car and my teenage daughter's car broke down and it's too expensive to repair. My house ins co said if I don't replace my Chimney and front walkway by Aug they are going to cancel my homeowners insurance because it's a tripping hazard. Still waiting for the plumber, no water and my hubs Alzheimer's is getting worse. This is why I try to lose myself.

thats a LOT going on.
yet NOT a drink worthy event. drinking wont help you lose yourself,myluckylady.

onto better solutions now,eh? for the house repairs, are there any local agencies that may be able to help?might even find one that isnt local that could help?
maybe one that could help fix the car?
have you been getting support with/for your husband from any resources?
are you making you time?

myluckyday 05-16-2018 04:20 PM

You are all so right! My AV was trying to convince me but I beat that sucker down with a stick!!! My daughter is getting an award tonight then after that we're going out for ice cream then home to bed. Oh by the way, I fixed the plumbing myself. BAM!!!

whopper 05-16-2018 04:33 PM

Youtube is a excellent site for looking at how to repair things yourself and save some money.

Rar 05-16-2018 04:40 PM

I'm so sorry you're having such rough times, myluckyday. I relapsed over what I perceived to be difficult issues. I rationalized that I would feel better. I lost my 112 days of sobriety and I still had those difficult issues. The truth is, my 112 days felt better to me than the drink.

You're right, it's your AV. AVs also seems to zero in on our vulnerabilities and prey on them. You hammered it down. Good for you. Stay close. Oh - good that you posted first. :grouphug:

MantaLady 05-17-2018 12:55 AM

mylucky day 1 - AV 0 :c011:

Fantastic news myluckyday! The AV doesn't care about helping you sort out any of these problems, it just wants to use them to lure you back down the rabbit hole. Hope you have a lovely evening with your daughter and keep it up. x

yinzer 05-17-2018 04:32 AM

Good on ya fixing the plumbing yourself! My house is falling apart, and I’ve been amazed what my sober self can fix with a little research and trial and error! Plumbing leaks, drywall, dock repair, replace ceiling, toilet and vanity replacement......you name it, we can do it!

Bonnefond87 05-17-2018 05:18 AM

you are so right Yinzer - everything becomes at least possible to fix